BSOD, don't understand why

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGligor

Hello, i am new to this forum, so if i did something wrong, tell me :)

Now, i have some problems with Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)
Doesn't matter what i do...play game, download, surf the net...it just shows up, and restarts.

This is what i see in my Event Viewer ( my last 3)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb3a5aa7b, 0xaffa871c, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072009-01.dmp.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb38bea7b, 0x9afc771c, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072209-01.dmp.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xb38d1a7b, 0xaeb5671c, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081909-01.dmp.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi and Welcome to TS

If you could locate your minidumps

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Then attach 3-4 of them to your next post :)

Your error code is rather generic unfortunately, but it does give us a few things to try. It mentions your RtkHDAud.sys as being a possible suspect.

1. Uninstall your Audio drivers and then reinstall them.

- To do this, uninstall your audio drivers through device manager.
- Download a program called Driver Sweeper (free version).
- Boot into safemode, run the Driver Sweeper program which will remove any leftovers of the driver.
- Reboot into normal mode and download the latest version of your audio drivers for your system

Give that a go first and we can go from there :)

Hi! I uninstalled driver from driver menager, booted in safe mode, used driver sweeper (analize, then clean) and rebooted normaly.
Installed latest audio drivers from Realtek and now everything works fine...for now
If i receive next BSOD soon, i will reply here again...thx

I have one more problem. In my tower, i can hear some noise, like when you put paper in bicycle...i am not sure is it fan hitting some cable...or something. What do you think?
PS: I have waranty, can't open :)

Hello. BSOD appeared again, and it was the same, i think
Event Viewer says the same: System Error (102) 1003
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 b381a35b, parameter3 9998070c, parameter4 00000000.
View attachment 51609

Should i try doing the same to my graphic drivers?

This is the same problem as before... eg AUDIO not Graphics driver.

1. Did you download your driver directly from the computer manufacturer's website ?
If not, you need to uninstall it and obtain the driver directly from your computer's support site.
Some drivers, provided by Reatltek (for example, based on your situation) ,may be modified by the maker of your computer to fit the specifics of your computer.

2. 0x8e can also point to physical memory. I would recommend that you check your settings...
  • Is your particular RAM on the Hardware Compatibility List for your MB. Some boards are especially picky about RAM.
  • Are you over clocking? If so, reset to defaults.
  • Are your voltages set properly (I have seen .2v make a difference here!)

3. You may find it helpful to run MEMTEST... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html
Follow the tutorial closely. It will require at least 7 passes (of 8 tests per pass - the tests each increasingly complex).
This will take time. You should run it on each stick of ram, in order to isolate the faulty module(s).
If you start getting errors, you can quit. That stick is bad.

Full system specs might help us to help you.

I apologize... I guess I was not clear.

If you have a realtek audio card (pci, etc), then you do want the most current driver from the Realtek site.
Otherwise... your audio is "on-board", and then you should get the driver from the maker of your motherboard.

As for memtest, it takes a long time.
1. There are 8 individual tests of increasing complexity. Each must pass.
2. The standard is a minimum of 7 (seven) full cycles /passes of all eight tests.
3. If you have more than one stick of ram, you will likely find it necessary to run it on each stick individually in order to isolate the bad ram.
4. You may find it helpful to start it before going to bed and let it run over night.

To check the HCL, you need to know...
1. the maker of your motherboard, and the model.
2. the maker and model of your RAM
Then you need to make sure that your RAM is listed in the handbook for your motherboard.
Most can be found on-line (as PDF) if you do not have a hard-copy.

I do not know the SpeedFan package, so I will let others address what they see there.

On system information: Sound Device
Name: Realtek High Definition Audio
Manufacturer: Realtek
Does it mean i have audio card? or it's on-board.

I will try memtest tonight

1. the maker of your motherboard, and the model: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd ; EP31-DS3L

2. the maker and model of your RAM: I am not so sure...I will call service and ask

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor
Model 7, Stepping 10
Max Clock Speed 2799 MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology; EP31-DS3L

BIOS Vendor: Award Software International
BIOS Date: 16.9.2009

Memory Device:
Total Memory: 3326 MB
Physical Memory:
Memory Bank 0/1 and 4/5
Speed: 800MHz
by the Manufacturer is written NULL...

Drives: WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B0
Media Type: Fixed hard disk media
Vendor is Western Digital

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Video Architecture: VGA
Memory Size: 1024MB
Latest driver

Here is one picture of my inside of computer, maybe you can tell me something more :

View attachment 51637

I would like to add that i just found similar post:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic110416.html

I have exact same problem like guy asked for help. Playing DotA game=sometimes crash. I see we have same minidump....Realtek problem

I found out that my sound card is "on-board" so i will install drivers from Gigabyte site
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2893&ost=xp#anchor_os
This is my mainboard, and drivers for it. Could you tell me which ones to install?
Audio - Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition) ??

Hi...i removed old drivers...and when I restarted, that "found new hardware" installed by itself, and it's working for now...I swapped places of my 2 RAMs...I heard it can solve RAM problems...so...for now it's working fine!

I will reply again if something changes...

Hi, and thank you :)
I would like to add that i had some issues with explorer.exe followed by DrWatson...
When i enter some folders...it was only one for now...i get error: explorer.exe needs to be closed...and after that Dr.Watson...i need to end process, and run again so it could start.
Don't know what to do :)

And to add...i defragmented disks, cleaned registry, scanned with antivirus and hijack this, everything is clean...

Hello, me again... I got BSOD again, and microsoft report indicated it's audio problem
"Troubleshoot a problem with your audio software"
So, i should install drivers from Gigabyte site...?
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2893&ost=xp#anchor_os
"Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)" - this one?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for bothering :)

And...i lost my dmp file, probably by some registry cleaning or something like that.

Sorry... I was away for a few days. Just found your posts.
Since your audio is "on-board" you should get the drivers from the motherboard's site.
In your case, this appears to be Gigabyte.
No need to apologize. We are here because we want to help!
If you have any further BSODs, be sure to attach them to your next post.

Hello! I reinstalled my windows yesterday, so no more issues here...
You can close this thread now, if i have any further issues i will open new one. :)
Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back