BSOD, driver IRQ is not less or equal

By Hanzelka5
Jul 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, my computer has been bluescreening for a good while now. Recently it corrupted a lot of my old data and I decided to just install windows 7 on a new hard drive and use that one. The problem is still persisting though.

I've cycled the ram with another pair of ram sticks and it continued, so I doubt that is the cause.

The blue screen error message is "driver iqrl is not less or equal".

It says that my minidumps are too big to post, how should I work around this?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

There is a Zip option that will compress the files so you can attach larger ones. Just give us the five most recent ones; five per Zip file.
  3. Hanzelka5

Hanzelka5 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. Recently it has also given me "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_A_NONPAGED_AREA".

Those are the 5 most recent.

Today I thought it could be my dated wireless adapter causing problems so I bought a new updated one, but the blue screens are continuing. The last two or three are with the new wireless adapter.

Attached Files:

4. Route44

The two dumps that give you a defining probable cause are 0xD1 which are usually caused by faulty drivers.

In your case it is the driver athrxusb.sys which belongs to your Atheros USB network adapter.
  5. Hanzelka5

Thanks! I replaced the SMC USB adapter that I believe was using that driver with a netgear brand wireless G adaptor. I also ran a memtest and was surprised to find one of my ram sticks may well have actually been faulty.

I took out that ram stick today and I am running on only the one stick of RAM for now. Hopefully this solves my problem. If not I'll be back for your help.

6. Route44

Good work on your part. Please keep us updated.
  7. Hanzelka5

Just wanted to say my problems are solved and the bluescreens have stopped.

Thanks for the help!