BSOD - driver irql, network drivers

RyanL6

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I installed a clean version of Windows 7 to a laptop.

When that had been down i then had I no internet so tried download a few drivers I thought were correct and then one did work.

Now 1month later I'm getting "Driver Irql Not Less Or Equal Error" when it starts to boot.

I have since logged via safe mode, i delete/uninstall network drivers and then when i restart it does let me log in as normal, so that is definitely the source of the problem. (Network drivers)

I tried looking for what adapter i need in system info and see this info.
img843.imageshack.us/img843/6882/netadapter.png

How can i uninstall all these drivers, I have tried but some just reinstall on boot up.

Also if anyone can have a look at this info in device manager, and explain how I can just get rid of all drivers and what i need to install for it.
img411.imageshack.us/img411/3392/net2w.png
I'd really appreciate help.

Make: Sony Vaoi
Model: vgnnw20ef_s

Does the Sony support website show Windows 7 drivers for this model laptop, or did it come with another version of Windows originally?

Does the Sony support website show Windows 7 drivers for this model laptop, or did it come with another version of Windows originally?

Its 2or so years old, windows 7 yeah.

Make: Sony Vaoi
Model: vgnnw20ef_s

I went here and selected

Product Category: Computer - Laptop
Series: VGN-NW

then I'm unsure what to select on the last column, or what would be best.

Also about how to fully uninstall the drivers I showed in image on original post, as it won't let me right click some to uninstall, and also two automatically reinstall one boot?

Sorry, here is the link i was meant to add in above post where I looked for driver for my model

link: esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl?NOPROD=YES&DIRECTOR=HOME&mdl=SONYVAOI&1=3

Your model number should look something like this:

VGN-NW120J/S
What is it?
I thought Vaio was how you spelled the Sony computers

Your model number should look something like this:

VGN-NW120J/S
What is it?
I thought Vaio was how you spelled the Sony computers

When I check in system info its VGN-NW20EF/S

(And sorry i didn't realize Vaio was spelled that way)

I can't seem to get anywhere using that model number. I am using the USA site? Are you in another country?

Try just installing the new Sony Windows 7 drivers over the old ones you have installed... Make sure there are no yellow exclamation points in the device manager. Have you installed all the Windows Updates?

Try just installing the new Sony Windows 7 drivers over the old ones you have installed... Make sure there are no yellow exclamation points in the device manager. Have you installed all the Windows Updates?

Its won't let me connect to the net at all as its the network card.

This is my network adapter.
paste in browser ( img843.imageshack.us/img843/6882/netadapter.png )

im not sure which of these is needed, below
paste in browser ( img411.imageshack.us/img411/3392/net2w.png)

I uninstalled the atheros, generic, marvel an cannot uninstall the others, when i reboot atheros etc reinstall automatically so I'm not sure.
when i have the bottom ones active and enabled and top 3 uninstalled, again it reinstalls the top 3 and the blue screen happens again.

How do i find win 7 drivers? via the disc, when i install freshly on disk the only driver it requires is the network driver.

Back