Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok Specs,

Proc: Amd Athalan 1.26G
    MoBo: Epox Ep - 8KHA+
    Ram: DDR 333 512 One Stick
    GPU (Graphics Processing Unit?): Sapphire Radeon 9600xt 256megs
    PSU:Enhance Electrics ENP-0735, 350 Watt

It crashes whenever I enter a large city in World of Warcraft, or if I try to load a character that is in a large city, no other time. It is not over heating and is far from random. I have re-installed WoW a couple times, replaced my video card(brand new now), sound card, and RAM. I caught a look at the blue screen, "Driver IRQL not less than or equal" was all I could get, which is what led me here. I shut off my auto restart and when the blue screen comes, it is just that, a blank blue screen. I have followed all the directions for a disk check and creating a new page file. I am out of options and so here is the minidumps since I re-installed Windows (no, it did not help). Thank you for any help you are willing to give,
    Ken
    Edit: I am having a number of memory conflicts, all but one pertain to the video card. I do not know how to remedy that or if it is a major problem.
  2. CompuKenh

CompuKenh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Minidumps 3-4

Here are the third and fourth Minidumps.
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

It's very likely an IRQ or driver problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers for your video card.

You can't change IRQs short of changing your HAL layer, but that's quite a bit of hassle and risk without looking into this further.

You may also want to verify your memory is not having issues, as it can create the same problem. Run this program overnight - www.memtest.org
  4. CompuKenh

CompuKenh TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried

I have reloaded the latest ATI drivers and ATI Catalyst software. Other than that I have re-loaded new sound drivers and replaced the sound card and RAM. I'm on the verge of flashing my BIOS, but am unsure if it will help. But thank you for the suggestion. :) I'll try memtest though the RAM is new, at least to my machine.

EDIT:Ram is OK.

Edit v1.2: I was hoping someone had looked at my minidumps( I see now that at least one has viewed them, thank you). I'm having one heck of a time here, and I just cant figure out whats wrong. I've tried reloading every driver I have, replacing the ram ( a couple times) and my video and sound cards. My blue screen tells me nothing, and am at my wits end. Thank you again for the help.
    Ken
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.