BSOD: Driver power failure on Win7 x64

lemonzombie

Hello all,

I've recently had some issues with my PC. I keep getting BSOD errors stating "DRIVER POWER FAILURE". Also, my computer sometimes will not boot Windows properly and also has issues recovering from sleep mode.
I read that these issues are consistent with Driver Power failures.

On a (possibly) unrelated note, sometimes when I am running a Youtube video or a video game (pretty much anything that requires graphics), it will have bits of random lag where the audio will also become garbled and then it'll fix itself. This happens pretty frequently but I don't know if this issue may be related to the BSOD I've been getting.

I am not sure how to post PC specifics so if there's any further information I can provide, please let me know. I am pretty competent with computers but am not as savvy as I'm sure many of you are.

If you could help, it'd really make my Christmas great.

Thanks for reading

Thank you for the reply Tmagic. I am in the process of moving into a new apartment and do not yet have Internet (I'm using my phone right now). In the next few days, I will post specs and the mini-dump files. Thanks for the reply though and I'll have more info for you ASAP!

Hey all! Hope you haven't forgotten about me.

Another small bit of info, sometimes when I start up my PC, it will freeze on the "Starting Windows" screen but usually if I force reset it at that point, it will boot up correctly? I've also noticed a problem where sometimes when I boot my PC up, my keyboard and mouse will not be receiving any power and at that point, I know the boot will be a failure.

I hope someone could help; it'd be greatly appreciated!

I have attached a zip file of mini-dumps and a txt document with my system info!

Attachments

• 123011-22916-01.zip
    171.6 KB · Views: 1
  • System Info.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 2
When you "force" a restart, you corrupt data on the hard drive. The minidumps are showing this... Does the motherboard have on-board Nvidia graphics? You are running an AMD/ATI video card. Is this computer home built or did you buy it already made. Set a hard drive check by going to Computer, right-click on the C drive, select Properties, Tools and check drive for errors on the next start up

The computer is custom built with a p5n-d asus motherboard. I'm not sure whether or not it has any built in Nvidia graphics components. I tried to do a disk check but it says there was some error and then the check was cancelled? After that, windows booted up normally. Any suggestions? Thank you for the prompt replies though :)

This is the error message I get when trying to run a disk check from start up:

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
Cannot open volume for direct access.
Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.
Use the system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation.
An unspecified error occured (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)

Unfortunately, all the "system restore" checkpoints are within the past two days so I don't think that would do me any good

Back