BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, netio.sys

Another NETIO.sys BSOD. I find it funny that I have found so many of these while scaling the interwebs.

So here is the story. Long Beach Grand Prix weekend, I am staying with a friend of mine and my dad at a hotel. I shot pictures with a Samsung SL202 digital camera. We were using the hotel's network at the time (I know this driver has to do with networking problems, just making sure). As soon as I plugged the camera in with a USB cord and the drivers were installed, my computer BSODed with the title message and pointing me towards NETIO.sys

This started Friday evening, the first day of LBGP. Since then, I have witnessed many more BSODs, usually occuring daily and several times within a day as well. It will usually happen about 5 minutes after the laptop has booted up. Several times I have been lucky and the laptop will run smoothly after several crashes. Today I witnessed 4 and was sure it was going to go up to 5 if I hadn't had started it in Safe Mode.

I am running a AH531 Fujihitsu laptop with Windows 7 Home 64bit.

Please tell me if you need any more info and when you need the minidump file.

Thanks many - Slicer Shanks

First, that is an 0xD1 error and it is quite common. The usually reason for it is, drum roll, faulty drivers. However, NETIO.sys is a Windows OS driver that has to do with Networking Input/Output functioning. Normally Windows OS drivers are too general to be of much diagnostic use; they more tell us that there is an issue rather than being the cause of the problem.

Use the Upload a File option that you will see in the bottom right hand corner the next time you post attach the five most recent minidump files that you should be able to find in the Minidump File.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

Back