BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
So upon shut down I some times get this BSOD, 3 times now. Any Help?

Driver_Power_Stae_Failure

Stop: 0x0000009F (0x00000004, 0x00000258, 0x8499c580)

Attachments

• Mini032710-01.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
Your crash was caused by WUDFrd.sys; which is part of Microsoft windows's UMDF User-mode drivers.

ATM I am looking for resolution, I will let you know about it as soon as I find one. In the meanwhile, please have a look at this MS article.

It would be very helpful, if you can tell how and when this BSOD started happening? What you may have done around that time? or any other info which may be helpful in anyway.

Thanks for the help. As far as other info., it just kind of started out of the blue... Besides long hours of CAD, Sketchup, and/or playing COD, it seems to happen after my computer has been running for a long time but that's about all that i have noticed b/c it's very random when it does happen. Theres been about 10 days between each time it's happened, but i'll pay more attention to the details from now on.

Alright, please do so, and if you have any more minidumps lying around in your C:\Windows\Minidmup please zip them in a file, and post them here. Regards

Also do you have any restore point available before the time this all started out?

And more. I think these are all from this BSOD.

Attachments

• Mini022510-01.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini022110-01.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
alex do you have zonealarm installed on your PC by any chance?

Also, look for updated drivers for your network interface card (NIC).

Almost all of your latest minidumps pointed to the same conclusion as I mentioned above i.e. WudFrd.sys. This can sometimes happen due to NIC drivers' issue, thats why I was recommending the upgrade. However, if you have updated them in recent past, then you should roll back NIC drivers to previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back