BSOD - dump analysis requested please

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc2005

Hi-

I have a Windows XP Pro, PIV, 2GB Ram.

I do not have the blue screen info at this time, as it is at a remote site, and it was set to reboot on system fault, so i could not write down the blue screen info. It seems to reboot alot when we remote in with RDP.

I was onsite today; change the setting to not reboot, so I can get more info if needed. I ran a full memory and disk test, no problems.

Enclosed are the minidumps, I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me what the error or possible file or driver is the culprit.

I did not go throught he exercise to update all the usuall drivers as a preventative measure, as this is a MicroCenter PowesrSpec generic PC, and getting updated drivers is very difficult.

Thank you so much in advance.

Very Best Regards,

Dave

How long did you run memtest? At least 7 Passes? The reason I asked as because one of your minidumps was error 0x8E which are caused by hardware issues and it cited the cause as memory corruption.

3 of your errors were 0xD1 and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. In all three cases they cited termdd.sys and this is a driver belonging to the Windows OS. Google this driver to see what it is.

The last error was 0xA and this error is a strong indication of hardware issues or drivers attempting to access an IRQ Level they have no business doing. In your case another Windows driver was cited as well as giving a long list of other driver funtions not being able to load.

* I would go back and run memtest again for as long as you can. Bad memory has been known to pass this test.

* Have you scanned for infections?

* You may need to run a Repair. Try running ChkDsk.

Thanks

Thank you for your quick response. I only ran 1 pass of mem test, maybe I will just replace the RAM and see what happens. Given that there are a variety of issues at pay here, I suspect you are right, some sort of faulty hardware.

Best,

Dave

Before running out and buying new RAM, redo Memtest. Let it run overnight but at least for 7 Passes. If you do have errors then run it one stick at a time to see which one(s) needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back