BSOD dump files included

By Leaderz0rz
Jul 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I ordered my computer from Puget Systems some time ago and recently sent it in for repair because of a faulty motherboard. They replaced the motherboard, ram module and installed an 8800 GTX video card. Ever since i got it back I have been getting the DRIVER IRQL Not less then equal BSOD. When I reboot it does the same bsod upon loading my desktop. The only thing I have found to fix the problem is to boot into safemode and reinstall my video drivers. I installed different drivers and the problem seemed to vanish for a few weeks until today. I was loading into a HL2 server and it never loaded and I couldn't ctrl-alt-del so I did a hard shutdown and rebooted to receive the same error. After some research I came to discover the minidump files and this forum.

below is the 2 dumps from today and 3 of the 4 dumps from the last time i had the bsod other then today.

also uploaded on my webspace is all my dumps since i got the computer.. 06-xx-07 is the month I got my computer back from repair..anything before then probably isn't relevant.

http://blackmage.org/leaderz0rz/Minidump.zip
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

All the current minidumps point to NTOSKRNL.EXE...

This denotes a general Windows instability. I would start by testing or swapping this new RAM module... It may be defective
  3. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry for the late reply I had to go out of town for a few weeks. Anyways I ran a memtest for around 10 hours and came back with no errors. I still randomly get a blue screen that points to nvdisp.dll and then on reboot the DRIVERIRQ_LESS_THAN_EQUAL. Then just when I go to reboot without having received a blue screen first I get the DRIVERIRQ_LESS_THAN_EQUAL anyways and the only way I can get past it is if I reinstall my video drivers. Does this point to a faulty card or does it seem more of a windows corruption?
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

It may well be a bad video card at this point
  5. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Not what I was looking to hear :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.