BSOD! Dumps attached...

Kijana

Please help analyse the attached dump files. The computer restarts without warning.

Thanks.

I have also included a text file copied from the event viewer, if it can be of any help.

Attachments

• Mini060611-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini060611-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • bosd.txt
    446 bytes · Views: 0
Hello Kijana, although just two minidumps are not good measure to determine the exact cause, but anyway, first dump came up with OS process as cause of the crash. Second dump cited your VIA NIC driver as a culprit.

Do you have latest NIC driver installed ?

Also I noticed that you are running XP with SP2, I'd suggest you to upgrade it to at least SP3.

Please also provide us with complete system specs including PSU etc., and in case you have more dumps do attach them with your next post.

I have VIA Driver Version 3.87.0.1 released 31st March 2011. I believe thats the latest.

I have also attached all the minidump file generated today.

I am installing SP3, and will post with the results.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    68.2 KB · Views: 1
Okay I had a look at these dumps, two more came back with the same driver as being the suspect. However, one of the dumps make me suspect that there is some memory corruption issues as well.

Please run memtest for at least 10-12 passes on each RAM module individually.

Also, can you please tell since when these BSODs started happening?

Thanks for the advice Archean. I am now running memtest but in the mean time, I have attached a 7z file for the minidumps from today after I installed SP3.

The computer has been very slow for sometime but the BSoDs started on Saturday 4th.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump.7z
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
Memtest Run!

It has taken me almost 24hrs and 30 passes on two modules of RAM and there were no errors. Funny enough, from morning till now I have not had even one BSoD.

I have also ran chkdsk on all partitions in the system and there were no errors.

Hopefully the bug (or whatever it was) is gone.

Thanks.

stop: 0x0000007b

Can't believe it. Just when I thought that all was well, a guy come in, wants me to design something for him and he's got some rough-work in a flash drive. I insert the flash drive in the pc and guess what? I use USB Disk Security and Eset NOD32 4.2. They all flag the drive as having viruses. Before opening the drive, I make sure its scanned via My Computer. Midway through the NOD32 scan, (which takes a 5 minutes) the pc hangs and the shuts down.

Before it can restart, I remove the usb drive and it refuses to reboot. I assume that the harddisk has some problem because of the unsafe shutdown and I use a bootable BART-PE cd to boot. I scan the bootable partition using chkdsk and its a mess, but at the end (after running chkdsk /r /f thrice) it informs me that the disk is clean. On rebooting I get [stop: 0x0000007b ....] I google around and come across {http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545} which is rather helpful. After following the instructions on part one and two of the article, the BSoD is gone but the pc now is in a restating loop. I think all I can do is repair the Windows installation and hope everything will be okay.

I will post the result later.

That sucks alright, anyway, if you need any further assistance, please do let us know. Regards

Back