TechSpot

BSOD during/after startup

By majinboo555
Jun 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Dear experts, i have been in this forum before and have requested the analysis of my previous dump files which pointed out to memory corruption. Thus, my uncle brought my unit to where he bought it because of the warranty( fixing/replacement of memory module). It was returned to me after and i and my uncle have no clue if the memory module was replaced or not. Nevertheless, BSOD still occurs and i was hoping you could analyze them again.

I suspect memory corruption(since maybe they didn't replace it) or malware(since im having issues now with viruses in my system)

I have to memory modules attached (2gb ea)
    The dump files are attached.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,866   +165

What are the computers complete specs? Look at my specs in the upper right-hand corner of this post to give you some hints of what we need

3. majinboo555

majinboo555 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 33

Sir, done editing my computer specs.

What might be the cause of my BSODs?

4. Tmagic650

Try resetting the CMOS (Bios) settings to the failsafe defaults

5. majinboo555

Sir, what exactly am i doing to fix the BSOD? I am having the impression that it's memory corruption or having the presence of malware in my system thats causing it.

6. Tmagic650

You don't have to call me sir, I'm not your father... What are you doing to fix this BSOD, nothing? Do you know how to get into your computers bios? It could be a bios setting that is causing this BSOD affecting the memory. If you can't get into the bios, take it back to the computer shop and have them troubleshoot this for you. Any further time spent on this could be a waste of time

7. skipper86

skipper86 TS Rookie Posts: 19

check your BIOS settings .... and unplug all the unwanted devices from your PC

8. majinboo555

okay. will take it back to the shop...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.