BSOD during video games

RLMadd

I play a lot of video games and I am having an issue with it crashing into a BSOD frequently I'm trying to narrow down the issue so I can address it with new hardware if need be but I thought I would post the Minidump and see if anyone has advice for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also in my event log there is an error that says WHEA-Logger event ID: 18

Attachments

• 021213-26691-01.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
The minidump really doesn't show much. What are your computer specs including video card and power supply?

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Power Supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Ram: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP4GX3M2A1600C8

I don't know bios settings on AMD motherboards, so you might want to raise the memory voltage a notch or two. This might stabilize your computer

I have the voltage to the memory set at 1.333 MHz how much higher would you recommend?

About 1.5 volts... The 1.333 MHz is the memory frequency. If the memory VCC is 1.5 volts already push it to 1.6 volts

Ok Just made the adjustment Thank you for the tips :). Also it seems that my gpu is getting way to hot according to my friend, The temp has been getting up to 70C on the more graphics intensive games so I bought a can of air and a PCI fan deck for it and I'll see if that helps as well.

Hmm now I has a BSOD that gave me a different event log.
It's labeled as a Warning:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 5

The details view of this entry contains further information.

and I also see an Error:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xfffff880fffffa80, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0xfffff880fffffa80). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 021513-31309-01.

The file it refers to "Memory Dump" is to big to upload even zipped but here is the Minidump file hope it helps more this time lol.

Attachments

• Minidump File.zip
    25 KB · Views: 1
What was the original VCC memory voltage? 70C is really not that hot for a graphic card. The minidump is pointing to a driver error. Do you have the latest graphic card driver installed?

Yes I do and I used a program my computer savy friend told me to try called Driver Genius and it found that I was missing some drivers for my chip set and audio I'm hoping that was the problem all along lol.

Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem I had another BSOD today I'll post the Minidump. In the event log it has an error called Bugcheck ID: 1001

Attachments

• 021813-32744-01.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
Damn I wish I knew a way to know for sure what the problem is. I guess I may just have to put it in the shop at some point.

I put it together with the help of my friend, I've had the machine for about 2 years now and had gotten a virus because my friend stupidly looked at stuff on unsafe sites and downloaded something that was infected and it hasn't been the same since. that was about 6 months ago. Since then I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and am still getting the blue screens. Nvidia released a driver update today I'm hoping it will be the answer but I wont get my hopes up lol.

Okay, yes Nvidia updates their drivers 5 or 6 times a year. What concerns me is the fact that the minidumps are reflecting a video driver. This usually means that the card itself is overheating or going bad. Is the video card fan clean and working properly?

Yes I just cleaned it yesterday morning there was a lot of dust in the heat sink but I blew it out completely until there was none left. I also ordered a pci fan to go in the pc should be here this week

Well the problem persists so I will be replacing the GPU as soon as I can afford it most likely since that seems to be the source of my problems.

Back