BSoD, end of the rope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainfire9788

Hello all!

For the past couple or three months, I've been getting the Blue Screen. My error is the following:

STOP*** 0x0000007F (0x000000008...)

I know the first number in the brackets is the most important, and according to Microsoft it's a "Double Fault" issue.

Now, I've tested my RAM in every way I know how (Windows Diagnostic, Memtest86+, changing/switching out RAM). So it's got to be something else, I would imagine. I'm running:

Windows 7
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor
ATI Radeon HD 4600
AData DDR2 RAM 800 Series 2GB (2 of these, so 4 Gigs of Ram)
Can't find what my Power Supply Unit is... so I assume an off-brand or something. I do know it's 680W though.

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? By the way, this problem primarily comes up when I play games like World of Warcraft, otherwise it rarely happens.

Thank you for any and all help.

First, nice little system there. I congradulate you on an excellent cpu choice and the ADATA ram is top notch.

This sounds like a video card driver issue. Attach your minidumps.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

I hope that would be an easy-to-fix issue then. I've uploaded as said, thank you for your help so far/that you may be able to provide.

Attachments

• 052910-20935-01.zip
    115.4 KB · Views: 2
All five errors are 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

All five reported the same Windows OS driver NETIO.sys as the cause of your system crashes. Usually OS drivers are too general to be of much diagnostic help.

However netio.sys has to do with Networking Input/Output which points to your networking/internet functioniing.

Try the following: Update your NIC/wireless drivers. If you built this system and it is onboard go to your motherboard's website, find your exact model, and then update the drivers.

If this is prebuilt go to the manufacture's website, find your exact system model and update from that site.

If it is a dedicated card then update the drivers from the card manufacture's site.

* Let us know if it works. If not then there is the possibility the card is faulty.

I bought this system prebuilt, but it is a custom built, if that makes any sense. It's an iBUYPOWER system. I'm on ASUS' website, which drivers am I looking for?

EDIT: The VGA?

Hate to double post, but I updated the driver and I rebooted my computer just to be sure of things. When I rebooted, it took a while and when it got back I had this NEW BSoD error:

BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA80048F3A20
BCP3: FFFFF800044F9518
BCP4: FFFFFA8006F94910
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

The Mini Dump is attached.

Also, I just updated the VGA Driver too, because I thought that may have been the problem. That might be the cause of this error.

Attachments

• 052910-24039-01.zip
    160.9 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

The driver cited is the Realtek NIC Driver/Network Interface Driver Rt64win7.sys.

* You could...

a. Uninstall your NIC drivers and reinstall from Asus again or...

b, Go to Realtek's website and update from there. just make sure you dowload the correct drivers.

Another 0x7F error and another citing of netio.sys as the issue. Where did you update the drivers from?

You keep saying driver(s). As far as I know there's only one for mine? It's the Realtek 8136/8168/8169 driver.

But yeah, Step one complete. Now what?

When you update a driver you are updating all drivers for your NIC card. The same goes with video cards. For example, when ATI releases Catalyste Driver 10.1 for their video cards there is more than one driver replaced.

If you have uninstalled your NIC drivers then go back to Asus and update their latest NIC/LAM/ethernet drivers for your exact motherboard model.

Ah, okay. I'm learning a little step by step, thanks for the lessons. :)

And okay, I've done that. The driver was also updated to the latest version/patch/etc.

Ah, okay. I'm learning a little step by step, thanks for the lessons. :)

And okay, I've done that. The driver was also updated to the latest version/patch/etc.

Hey, we all start somewhere and usually because of problems. :) I'm still learning as I go.

Now, let's see if the updates work by doing the things you normally did when the BSODs occur. One on the hunches in the back of my mind is are the Realtek drivers ready for Windows 7.

I'll keep ya posted Route.

Also, I may try that webscaper... I honestly don't need Zone Alarm per se, because I usually don't visit malicious sites... and plus, it has been doing it since I've installed Zone Alarm, or at least roughly the same amount of time (which was after I got the computer). So if Route's suggestion doesn't work, I'll definitely try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back