BSOD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

czplayer

When I try to boot my pc I get a bsod error and can only boot in safe mode. Heres what it showed on the blue screen.

0X0000007E
0XC0000005
OXF7687756
OXF78A242C
OXF78A2128

Can someone help me out here? I was transferring files from my pcs and when I go to boot up my old xp pc it gives me bsod.

Your errors ...
0X0000007E
* If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete, the computer might not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows XP.
* The computer BIOS might be incompatible with Windows XP, or it might have to be updated.
* The video adapter drivers might be incompatible with Windows XP.
* A device driver or a system service might be damaged.
* If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it might be caused by a third-party remote control program.

0XC0000005
The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, poorly written/updated software and more commonly under Windows XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations.

My suggestion would be to start by making sure your system is clean.
Start with the information in the first three posts
at the top of the virus and malware removal board.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

If you learn that you are infected, probably you will want to let us know here and repost your logs, per the 8 steps, in your own thread in Virus and Malware removal.

If you are clean, another approach might be to
go to your minidump files, and do a debug on them.
This will require tools from the Microsoft Download site... specifically the WinDbg version and Symbols package appropriate for your version of windows.

I hope this gives you a starting point.
Keep us posted.

Well it happened shortly after I was transferring files from my old xp system to my vista pc. Both hdd's are ntfs. I wonder if it could have something to do with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back