BSOD error

I have just recently been having a BSOD error. I've had the computer for around a year and it's been working fine up to this week. I then went about installing a wireless network card and 8GB of RAM and it's all gone down hill from there - or maybe just a coincidence. Here are my basic PC specifications at this moment in time:

MSI P67A-G45 motherboard
Intel i5-2500K processor
Corsair 6GB RAM
nVidia 550ti

When I'm playing games in particular, after a random time, the screen will go black, there's a random looping noise, monitor displays 'No Signal' and the computer then reboots. I decided to get GPU-Z and monitor my graphics card temperatures - had an inkling this might be the problem. Initially, the card was idling at around 40c and shot up to around 68c when playing games. I downloaded MSI Afterburner and have now set my fan speed to 85% - is this safe? The temperatures of the card are now 34c idle and around 58c playing games. Is my graphics card overheating? I've attached the latest dump as I really don't know what I'm looking for, hopefully this will give you guys an idea of what's gone wrong. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give,

Nathan

Attachments

• 103012-13182-01.zip
    55.6 KB · Views: 1
That's rather weird. It was only the other day I updated my drivers for the graphics card off the same website you gave me. I deleted the drivers and done a fresh install and I haven't ran into any problems this morning. I'm just glad it was software related, rather than hardware. Thanks for your help Tmagic!

EDIT: Sorry to be a pain, but it's just happened again! The exact same BCCode 116 error. I minimised a game and started browsing the internet using Mozilla Firefox when the error happened. Could this have anything to do with it? The temperatures of my graphics card are at 65c when playing games, could this be causing the problem?

EDIT 2: Sorry for the double post, it doesn't allow me to edit. Would it have anything to do with me recently installing a NIC and 8GB of RAM? I have a 600 watt Corsair PSU. Just trying to give you guys as much information as possible.

I just installed it, had around 600 errors! I have repaired the errors and will see how it goes. So do you think it's software-related problem rather than a hardware one?

Back