TechSpot

BSod errors

1. Labtop has been hard crashing and BSoD. No, idea what is the cause because nothing new has been installed.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Looks like your video driver is causing this trouble. Go to:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers
    Automatically check for the latest driver and install the driver it finds for your PC

3. carrollmellow

carrollmellow TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already have the latest driver and have re-installed it multiple times... because most of the research I have done, tells me that its the problem but it doesn't seem to help even with a clean install of the driver...

4. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,232   +201

Revert to a previous driver that worked. I hardly ever update my video drivers because of similar problems in the past.

5. Tmagic650

My Geforce card's driver is updated almost on a monthly basis from the Geforce site. I get new driver notifications... No problems ever doing it this way

6. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,232   +201

I'm not into gaming and so or me driver upgrades are of not much concern. I'm sure problems are rare but they will happen occasionally most probably with older hardware. It's worth trying an earlier driver. What's to lose?

7. Tmagic650

Any updates on this carrollmellow? It might also be a problem with the video card itself