TechSpot

BSOD - Even after fresh XP install

By greenman1313
Dec 22, 2008
  1. Hello. I'm glad I found this place - I hope I can get some answers here. For the last few months, I've been getting random BSODs from my machine (dual boot Vista 64 and XP Pro (32)). I just reinstalled Vista on a second hard drive, and that seems to be doing ok. I just reinstalled XP on my main hard drive, and I just got another BSOD.

**Note - I'm not sure that the BSODs in Vista and XP share a common factor. I haven't noticed anything that could correlate between the two - especially since Vista has been BSODing since I installed it a year ago, and my XP Pro has been flawless; at least until about 2 months ago.**

Here is my minidump for the BSOD that I just got, in XP. I do seem to remember getting the majority of my BSODs when I'm surfing the net, and I always use Firefox. Is the 'Fox to blame?!?

All help, advice, headache medications, et cetera offered is greatly appreciated! ;)

Anyways, here it is:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.