BSOD every 15 to 20 min

By HiDDeNMisT
Aug 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I know that my BSOD is my video card acting up. I tried doing some research on it. The only thing that came up was proof that the drivers for the Geforce 7950 GX2 are the problem. I would like your help tho. Take a look and tell me what you find. Thx in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

So have you tried updating the 7950 GX2 drivers from the Nvidia support website?
  3. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 202   +11

yes i completely removed the drivers and installed the latest ones from the website. i did it twice once in safe mode and the other in regular mode. it was still a no go.

This just started happening recently.
  4. Tmagic650

Try resetting the bios to their default settings. If still no-go, the video card may be dying...
  5. HiDDeNMisT

HiDDeNMisT TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 202   +11

yup i just did that and it blue screened on me with the same BSOD as before. kinda figured it was dying. This is a temporary computer that im using untill i build "The Monster" (lol)

time to go buy a $80 vid card thx for your help
  6. Tmagic650

No problem :) Good luck

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.