BSoD everytime I log onto computer - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc481613

Hello,

Just recently, I've been having really strange problems with my computer; every time I try to log into my user profile, it crashes to a blue screen every time I log in, with a message "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". It doesn't seem to mention any specific driver crashing, so I'm quite confused as to what is wrong. Could you please take a look at my minidumps?

Thanks a lot,

cc481613

Attachments

• Mini051910-07.dmp
    132 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini051910-06.dmp
    131.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini051910-05.dmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini051910-04.dmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini051910-03.dmp
    138.6 KB · Views: 2
All of your minidumps have 0xD1, this error can be caused by a bad driver or in rare cases by hardware issues. Unfortunately none of your minidumps points at any specific drivers.

In order to enable me advise you in more effective way, I need you to follow these instructions.

Steps:

Before proceeding on the following steps please ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode.

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

Please post back with new minidumps/results ASAP. Regards

Unfortunately, I started the verifier and booted, but it still crashes with a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS_OR_EQUAL error. I've attached the minidumps, just in case they will be helpful...

Attachments

• Mini052010-04.dmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini052010-03.dmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 2
Well actually, I did a memory test, booted into normal mode with the verifier on, and I now seem to have a different error... Here is the minidump.

Attachments

• Mini052010-05.dmp
    154.7 KB · Views: 7
I've gone through your minidumps again, and I've noticed that in almost all of these agent.exe is being listed as one of the processes involved. Now, I am unable to determine whether its a 'valid system file' or not. Right now, my advice is to follow these 8 steps, and report back with your logs in Malware & Virus Removal forum.

However, if you know which software installed this process (i.e. agent.exe) on your system, then it can help me determine its validity & and further advice in this regard.

Okay.. I started a thread in the Malware/Virus Removal forum, and I'm pretty sure that my system is clean, so I think the problem would be somewhere else, like a corrupt driver.

I've also run Memtest86+ for a number of passes without error, so I would doubt that it has to do with hardware/RAM issues.

Nonetheless, the past few normal startups of my computer, I've gotten different STOP messages each time, so perhaps it would be helpful if you checked over the minidump logs?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Mini052210-03.dmp
    131.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini052210-02.dmp
    131.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini052210-01.dmp
  • Mini052110-04.dmp
  • Mini052110-03.dmp
All but one minidump again points at the file/process I mentioned earlier. However, having gone through several technet articles, I am inclining more and more towards some hardware issues. It won't be easy to pinpoint though; but to start with kindly give me detailed specifications of your system including PSU type/mode/rating etc. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back