BSOD from trying to resize partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_m

Hello all, I have just tried to resize my primary partition containing my OS, video and music files and some documents. I was using partition magic and was trying to shrink my C drive so that I could put a partition on it and install the windows 7 beta.

Unfortunately I received an error from PM when trying to complete this and when trying restart back into windows I was shown the BSOD with the following stop code: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8b0594e0, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000). I really don't know what to do as there was some fairly important stuff on there that I really don't want to lose. I have my XP Pro install disc if that helps? Even if I have to reformat I don't mind I just don't want to lose my data.

I have read the guide in the sticky but most of the tips for fixing are for those who can still boot into windows. I just get the BSOD and then it won't go away

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Regards,

Will

*Update* I have tried using the recovery console on my windows disc, but when I go into repair it says it can't find my hard drive....I was going to run chkdsk on it but as it won't even show up I'm at a loss at to what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back