Bsod hardware malfunction error

Status
Not open for further replies.

madzach2000

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads
***hardware malfunction
call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity check/ memory parity error
*** the system has halted***

i have been skimming through forum threads from around 06 of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops.
i have got a heavily modded hp d350 small form factor desktop
in fact the only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two 19' monitors and a little CAT5 wired network pci adapter.
i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram, a agp video card ,and that dell net adapter all at the same time.
the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that.
the old thread that i found is 70 pages long and i haven't had time to read the whole thing.

i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out, and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn't the problem b/c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time.

thanks

zach

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back