BSOD Help, eventvwr and dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a BSOD last night and wondered it maybe you guys could help. System is about 5 months old and had PSU issues early on. Thought all was well, but then this. Here is what event veiwer says:

Error code 40000080, parameter1 8a474330, parameter2 89f97c10, parameter3 8054ffe0, parameter4 00000001.

Attached is the minidump from the same time. This occured as my son and wife were on the internet doing some learning games with Flash.

Your miniudmp crashes at Rtnicxp.sys. This is your Realtek NIC driver.

Try reinstalling the driver or check for an updated driver.

See if that helps.

Hi Dave

Since this is a first and is not chronic.

These days the Malware is horrific. So just to be sure do the below.

Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one).

Most importantly update MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSptware!

Before you scan with SuperAntiSpyWare do the below:

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Do this correctly and we will make a short job of this!

If you have no Malware then we will tackle your crash.

Mike

There was nothing in DaveNC's minidump that suggested a malware infection. Only the fact that a driver had crashed.

I think it is prudent to checkout the probable driver issue first before resorting to doing what may well be a lot of unnecessary malware removal steps.

I'll try the driver update as gillian has suggested. I have AVG running and it catches even the most benign stuff, so I am not that worried about malware. Plus i run a full scan once a week. RealTek has one a new NIC driver they released on 11/24 so I'll try that one and see what happens. On a side not, my mobo manufacturer has gone belly up, so if it's hardware and part of the mobo, I'm screwed. :(

A good idea to update the NIC!

But if you expect AVG or just about and Virus scanner to protect you completely I have some waterfront property in Nevada for an excellent price.

You may just have been surprised!

Mike

The minidump dated the 18th of the 12th crashes with Rtnicxp.sys, your nic driver.

The two minidumps from October both crash at your ATI graphics drivers.

Cool, thanks Gillian. I went to Realtek's website and downloaded and installed the latest NIC drivers. Lets see what happens.

mflynn, I did download and install Malwarebytes and did a scan, all clean. AVG Spyware software also came back clean. Hopefully, I am stable again. If it crashes again, I'll repost. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back