Bsod help

Stinkyremy

My pc had been getting various bsod within the last few months, mainly whilst gaming. I have recently updated my graphics card but was getting bsod before and still getting after, I have ran memtest a few times with no faults detected so today I though the last step was to reinstall win7. After installing windows and drivers I started to restore and reinstall my software and steam games, after a few games installed I got another bsod, (bad_pool_header) I was well dissapointed, I eventually uninstalled and reinstalled wireless, lan and video drivers on advice from another forum.

Then after looking for answers to this new bsod I followed the advice of enabling driver verifier on this thread: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html

I eventually found that every time I opened razor game booster I instantly got a bsod, (special_pool_detected_memory_corruption) so, being the first time I could actually successfully recreate a bsod I did it a few times whist testing the ram slots individually.
I am pretty sure the bsod has nothing to do with razor game booster as after disabling the verifier it loaded fine, and I had been getting bsod before I started to use it.

I am completely lost, other than a guess my HDD or mobo could be faulty I feel like I want to get a sledgehammer to my pc lol.

Please could someone help me and give me some step to step advice so I could finally nail this problem and use my pc without the fear of the dreaded bsod

Amd athlon II x4
8gb ram
nvidia GTX 660
gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P mobo

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    269.3 KB · Views: 1
These minidumps point to memory corruption, but since you checked the memory are there any yellow (!) exclamation points in the device manager? Could be settings in the motherboards bios too. Do you have all the Windows Updates applied, including all the optional updates?

Memory corruption? ram, or hard drive?
I checked both sticks of ram individually in each slot but there was still bsod, so it does not rule them out. There is no yellow !s in device manager and I do have all updates apart from microsoft silverlight, I also deleted one windows update after posting this thread, on advice from another forum..

"I also deleted one windows update after posting this thread"... It is never wise to remove or delete an installed Windows Update, especially if doing so doesn't solve the problem. How many ram sticks are installed and what is the total memory installed?

There are two ram sticks, 4gb each 8 in total. I deleted the update, Which I had only downloaded today after install, as it is known to give bsods

I have been running microsoft memory diagnostics today ran 8x still no error, had one bsod after though: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT same caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+72680
have just ran driver sweeper on all nvidia drivers and reinstalled, plus updated my motherboad chipset driver from gigabyte site.
uploading the dmp file

Here is the info I found on that windows update that may be causing this bsod
apparently this recent update has been known to cause bsod on certain rigs

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/330102-bluescreen-crash-bsod-included/

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-7-keeps/66be9f5a-2257-4c4a-9c9c-5dc6f0f55d37

Attachments

• 061813-22495-01.zip
    27.2 KB · Views: 1
Looks like that update comes with IE10 and it is causing my Chrome to be corrupt at times but no BSOD's. Why don't you try using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/
It is a much better memory tester. 7 passes, no errors

I am fed up with it, I have ran memtest before, with no errors, I have read on forums that these tests are far from accurate.
So I have bought a brand new set of corsair vengance ram and a 1TB hard drive, will arrive tomorrow.
after I install them and another fresh install of windows I will let you know how it goes.

I am assuming if I still get a bsod after that it must be the motherboard.

The newest version of memtest86 (v4.20) is good. Check your memory bios settings and make sure that the settings match the new memory

Well I installed the ram and hard drive everything was fine, I installed all my software one by one, and using driver verifier on each one, then when installed the razer game booseter again...Bsod, so It seems that it may have been the actual software that was causing the bsods. On the forums other people were havin the same issues with win 7 64, so I have completely uninstalled that and system restore.
I have spent the whole day on a game where normally it would bsod, but It worked fine, so hopefully all is good

Back