BSOD (I cannot find the issue)

Well I have been getting BSOD for a while now and thought a new OS would help it considering I ran prime95, memtest and ATI Tool to stress test my components. But now I need more help because no error pop up but somehow I hear a screeching sound (its quick) from the HDD right before or at the crash.

If you are in the need of my mini dumps they are on the bottom where the attachments are.

If you guys can help me find a way or how to fix the problem much appreciated.

And sorry that I just joined today, I saw many people help in this section and felt this site would help me the fastest and cure my computers sickness.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MiniDumps.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** By the way, no need to apologize for just joining. That is what we are here for. :)

Back