BSOD in new notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodude

Hii,

Wow, this is my first post and it such an honour to join this advance forums comunity :)

I bought a Gateway p7811fx factory refurbished/recertified (not sure which is the correct word for the R letter).. I got a BSOD right after the second day i received it (about 3 times in that day) soo I re-install the OS from the recovery management option.. sofar soo good, the BSOD is like once for every 2 days and sometimes once a day.. the BSOD just happen all of a sudden, e.g. after it BSOD and restart i not touch it and it BSOD again and restart..

today i got a bsod but i got no minidump.. dont know why ehh..
Oh yeah.. somtimes this gaming notebook wont completly shutdown it self, could this also cause the BSOD?

The BSOD:
Driver_power_state_failure
*** stop: 0x0000009F (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8004BA2050, etc etc)

I check the RAM is 100% OK.. I read some last of you post some say it might be a camera problem.. soo now I remove my camera driver..

please check the attachment.. thanks :)

Anyone, please help read my mini dump?
This Factory Recondition or Recertified only have 3 months shop warranty, so please help my case.

Mr. Route44 please help

Anyone :(

Stop 0x0000009F or DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

The Stop 0x9F message indicates that a driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0x9F messages can occur after installing faulty applications or drivers or system services. If a file is listed by name and you can associate it with an application, uninstall the application. For drivers, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to to determine if this resolves the error. If it does, contact the hardware manufacturer for a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

To add to what xiaorebbit has written the driver in question is o2sdx64.sys It is a component of your O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD Controller (card reader).

Go to your notebook's manufacturer's website, locate your make and model and download the latest drivers from there. You may want to uninstall and then upgrade. There is the possibility the card itself is bad but at this point the information is pointing to this driver as the culprit.

I also suggest installing Service Pack 2.

Thank you, thank you, thank you..
Thank you very much..
I'll try update or replace the driver ASAP and will tell the outcome..
Meanwhile I just got that BSOD again and here's the message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8004B84050
BCP3: FFFFFA8004B84050
BCP4: FFFFFA8005FA8C60
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110409-01.dmp
C:\Users\Vodude\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-79295-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Vodude\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6650.tmp.version.txt

Thank you very very much

It is the same 0x9F error that xiaorebbit describes and that I read in your previous minidump.

To add to what xiaorebbit has written the driver in question is o2sdx64.sys It is a component of your O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD Controller (card reader).

Go to your notebook's manufacturer's website, locate your make and model and download the latest drivers from there. You may want to uninstall and then upgrade. There is the possibility the card itself is bad but at this point the information is pointing to this driver as the culprit.

I also suggest installing Service Pack 2.

Hii about the possibility the card itself is bad, how to know if the card is bad?
I do remember the first time i use the media card reader with my 2GB card, the media ask me to repair the card but i ignore it, could this be the sign of the card is bad? Because I scan/chkdsk and reformat the card, no bad sector or anything bad found on the card. And if I format the card should i go NTFS or else? And the size should be default or any particular size is better?

Today I just found that the 02 media card reader driver i have is the latest.
So I only remove the card from the reader (no changing the driver what so ever) and so far this 24hours no BSOD.

I am not quite clear on what you have written. Are you saying since your removed the 2GB card from the Card Reader you are getting no more BSODs?

Also, have you tried a different card in your card reader?

I am not quite clear on what you have written. Are you saying since your removed the 2GB card from the Card Reader you are getting no more BSODs?

Yes, it looks like the 1st 24hours no BSOD.
Sorry for my english/expression, English is not my 1st language.
Anyway, thank you very much, I think I should do more test to this card reader.

Thanks Route44, thank you..

You are most welcome. :) Please keep us up-to-date and let us know if stability continues.

Just an UPDATE.. no reply necessary :)

Today as I shutting down my Notebook, the BSOD happen again.. same case BCCode: 9f
Well it has been a week of no BSOD but it happen again.

Starting from here, I copy all my SD Card work files into my HD, so every work will be from my HD and the SD card reader should be empty.

I have install the SP2 for VISTA about 6 or 5 days ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back