BSoD in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

supereirik

Hi people.
Im rather desperate now. I keep getting BSoD's, it seemed like it just magically started. Im an amateur, so I cant seem to find the cause for this.

This is the errors that pop up:

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0A0D0A11
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 88BEA609
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I appreciate help on what is causing this, and how I can fix it.

-Eirik-

0xD1 errors are caused by faulty drivers and sometimes by faulty RAM. In order to help you we need a lot more information from you:

1. When do these BSODs occur, i.e., what are you doing on your PC, gaming, web surfing, applications, etc.

2. We need your system specks and how old it is.

3, We need to know your security software that is installed and if you downloaded/installed any other software/program lately.

It a 1 year old Acer 5720Z laptop.

Windows Vista Home Premium, SP1
Intel Pentium Dual T2310 1.46GHz
mem: 2046 MB
nVidia GeForce 8400M GS

Im using AVG 8 free, and comodo firewall.
Have scanned system with Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Spybot S&D, SUPERAntiSpyware.

The BSoD seem to be coming a bit at random. Surfing, using excel/word, audio playback.
They may have occured when it was high system load (msn, utorrent, spotify, firefox, mirc running at once).

Lately I have installed: msn messenger (latest ver.), mirc, auto update on COMODO, auto update on vista, new nvidia driver.

Had 2 more BSoD's. The last time it was a new code:

BCCode: c5
BCP1: 00000004
BCP4: 825334A6

Your error 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

Note your previous 0xD1 error. So our first step is trying to determine what driver or drivers are causing this issue.

The latest AVG version is causing a lot of problems for many, many people. We see it here all the time. As kimsland has reported in one of the posts the trouble is there are several scanners within that software that will try to access the same driver thus causing conflicts.

Uninstall AVG and then go to their website and use their removal tool. It has to be full uninstalled. Once you do that use your PC as you normally would (of course not going extensively on the internet) and then tell us if you are still getting BSODs.

I removed avg, installed new drivers for wlan, lan and gfx. The BSoD is not coming as often now. But i still have had 2 the since friday.

The last was:

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0A0D4437
BCP4: 9185A585

Latest crash happened with firefox, utorrent and NOD32 running.
Do I need to uninstall all my drivers, and reinstall? Will it help to do a system restore with the vista dvd?

Yes, that is them. Your errors are 0xD1 and these are mostly caused by faulty drivers.

The driver cited in both is HssDrv.sys which belongs to Hot Spot Shield and is purported to ensure anonymous and censor-free internet usage. You're even supposed to be able to access blocked websites.

However, many people are having issues with it because it causes Vista to become unstable and it loads pop-ups and banners. A glorified malware.

Advice: Uninstall and don't look back.

Thank you for the help. I have removed Hotspot Shield. I hope this works. Again, thank you. The system is a lot more stable when i removed avg og hotspot shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back