BSOD in Win XP - problem with HDD?

HonzaJde

Please, can you help me interpret contens of minidump file?
I guess that a HDD isn't OK.
Thanks!
pbem.svitava.net/Minidump.zip
pbem.svitava.net/SpeedFan.JPG

Please attach your minidumps here via our Manage Attachments button.

How to post your Minidump Files:

Give us your five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

First, no need to apologize. :)

Second, the most significant read was that your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2
– Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

* One other minidump cited hardware disk which we will have to run diagnostics after you run memtest. By the way, what is the make of your harddrive?

I testy RAM by MemTest in SLAX 6.1.2 , 11 passes, no error. I think that RAM is OK.
About my HDD: Seagate 250 GB, model is on attachment picture SpeedFan.JPG.

Go to Seagate's website and find their free harddrive diagnostic utility called SeaTools for Windows.

1. It is an ISO file. Download it to the desktop screen

2. Place blank CD in the DVD drive; double click the ISO icon, and whatever burning program the system has should pop up.

3. Burn SeaTools to the blank CD.

4. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS).

5. The test will engage seconds after you boot-up.

6. Run the Short DST and especially the Long DST.

* This will take some time, especially the Long DST but well worth it.

SeaTools for Windows is EXE file. You has mean SeaTools for DOS. this is ISO file.
I try both.
In SeaTools for Windows a Short test canceled with error.
In SeaTools for DOS application SeaTools.exe don't react to mouse (ok, i have USB mouse), but also don't react to keyboard (Iuse PS/2 keybord, I think). I canceled on first screen - no way to confirm License agreement :)
Thanks for help.

They must have just recently switched this - again. The Windows version used to be a an ISO file and burn it to a fileand before that you could run this online.

It concerns me about the short test erroring.

May be, but iso file is used to burn bootable CD. This is usually used with linux or freedos.
I'm more and more convinced, that HDD is wrong.
I buy a new HDD.
Thank's you for help.

When you replace your new hard drive please let us know if that resolved your problem. Thanks.

When you replace your new hard drive please let us know if that resolved your problem. Thanks.
In last time I haven't problem with BSOD or HDD/computer speed. Without any change in settings, driver's etc. :-(
New HDD still not installed ...

Back