TechSpot

BSOD - irql

By spike1
Aug 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I know this has probably been asked thousands of times before - I've looked at the threads and still no idea.
    I randomly get a bsod with the error
    'IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    disable/remove h/ware or s/ware
    disable bios memory (caching/shadowing)
    *stop 0x00000a(0x0a06001f,0x000000,0x804e35f9)'

It's a panasonic cf-51 running xp sp3
    I've pressed f2 and can't change the bios settings and have no idea where to disable the bios mem.
    I don't have a xp repair disc and can't think of any h/ware or s/ware that's been loaded recently.
    I've got plenty of hard disc space so that's not the problem (or maybe it is ,I just don't know anymore )
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

Please post the minidumps for analysis.

3. spike1

spike1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help so far -I've had a fiddle with my mem as I seem to recall taking it out to check it for some reason ,wasn't sure if it was in properly

Attached Files:

4. Mark56

Three of the .dmp files are incomplete but I managed to get the error codes, one did debug correctly. Three are 8E and one is 77. They have numerous causes but I would start with a check on the memory.

As you have just reseated the memory the problem may not return, if it was just badly seated, this would explain the incomplete crash dumps.

If the BSOD's continue please post any new ones and follow this routine to check your memory.

5. spike1

spike1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

Thanks for your help -laptop has been running fine since I reseated the memory ,suppose it's a matter now of wait and see ,but thanks anyway

6. Mark56

I think you may well have stumbled across the cause of the problem. Let us know if it goes wrong again.