TechSpot

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL tcpip.sys

By BlackKnight42
Apr 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. This blue screen happens randomly, sometimes it is twice in one day, then it would be once in 3 weeks. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by driver tcpip.sys. Dump files are attached. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit. I have run MemTest and had no errors.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

tcpip.sys has to do with nnetworking/internet. Was your system built by you or did you buy it like a Dell, HP, etc.?

3. BlackKnight42

BlackKnight42 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It's made by Sager. I've looked at the dump files and it also crashes with ntoskrnl.exe each time.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

ntoskrnl.exe is a core Windows OS driver and thing with OS drivers is that they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They more point out that there is a problem rather than pinpoint to what the problem is.

tcpip.sys can be one of the exceptions. Go to Sagar's website and find your exact model. Then update the latest wireless/NIC drivers they have avaliable for your system.

* Tell us if the BSODs stop.

5. BlackKnight42

BlackKnight42 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just happened again. According to the dump file last two things are tcpip.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. I updated the wireless switch, router, and the LAN drivers.