Bsod, irql_not_less_or_equal

1. Hey guys! I've been getting the BSOD and restarts for about a month now, every time I think the problem's getting better or is fixed it seems to come back. There does not seem to be any correlation between what I am doing and when the BSOD occurs and I've seen several error messages at this point. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL seems to be the most popular, bust recently I've been getting a "Memory Management" error as well. Twice now, after a BSOD has caused a restart, Windows has been unable to load. I was advised to do an sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt, but it has returned no integrity violations. I'm pretty certain the problem actually started when I attempted to install the Service Pack 1 (Windows 7, 64 bit) and the install failed. This problem is beyond my computer saviness, and I'm not certain what to do next. The only thing I know is to completely reinstall Windows, but it came preinstalled on my laptop and I don't have a disk! I've attached the last few minidump files in the hopes that someone who knows more than me can give me a helping hand. Thank you so much for your time!!

Attached Files:

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,034   +70

One of your crash dumps cited ATI graphic driver, the other two simply came back with system processes.

Anyway, moving on with what we have, I suggest you to uninstall your ATI graphic driver, download driver sweeper, then reboot your system in safe mode, and install/run driver sweeper to remove any left over files of ATI driver.

Reboot again and download latest WHQL driver supporting your graphic card and install it.
  3. RelativeChaos00

RelativeChaos00 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you!! I'll post afterward with an update!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.