BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072010-01.dmp
C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-62765-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Phil\AppData\Local\Temp\WER24E8.tmp.version.txt

This was the most recent one and is more common. There is one other that involves a STOP message and video file nvlddmkm.sys.

I installed Vista some months ago, but I had funky hardware issues on XP also, often the monitor would just go black and blink like it was hibernating, but the computer would not respond. This could happen in an hour or a week.

These errors happen at random times, sometimes upon restarting, sometimes while gaming, and other times while I am out of the house.

Another possibly related issue is that I cannot "restart" my computer, I have to shut it down and turn it on. Whether its the restart button on the front after a crash or the restart option in Windows, it will cause the computer to beep multiple times and fail to start, then retry over and over.

SYSTEM INFO:
Windows Vista Professional with SP2
4 gb (2x2) Corsair DDR2
Geforce 8800 GT
MB: Foxconn x38a

Thanks for any help!

Attach your five most recent minidumps into one Zip folder in your next post. There will be a Manage Attachments button that will provide the Zip option. If you only have one or two minidump files then just attach them as is; no need to Zip.

I get an "(X) File not found or no read permission"

I cannot attach them as-is either because apparently I am not an administrator. Even though this is the only account on the OS.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

Are there any files showing in the Minidump Folder?

My Computer > Control Panel > User Accounts. Is your account designated as Computer Administrator?

Yes, I am the Administrator. It does not* say "Computer Administrator," but I am the only administrator. I just reformatted a week or two ago at which time I only configured one account to be administrator, which is the one im on.

Figures that merely posing the ERROR using Vista would be a fiasco. I followed that tutorial and switched ownership, as well as giving myself full control in the properties of the files. Still will not allow me to attach them.

Back