BSOD, kernel data inpage error :(

rockchickk

Hi guys,
I'm not that great at computers, I know the basics and am self taught with computers if it comes to difficulties.
I've got a G62 series HP laptop with windows 7 and have had it for only about 3 months and I've already had the bsod quite a few times. It seems to happen when i watch vids on youtube or iplayers and on fullscreen..I'm thinking it has something to do with the intel HD graphics card, not too sure. It's got the lowest rating on the system performance.
When watching some vids, i can tell when its going to crash; it stutters and makes a retriggering noise, and the blue screen appears, it says 'kernel_data_inpage_error' and i think it's stop 0x0000007A. it makes a loud retriggering noise whilst on the screen then goes to a black screen with the HP logo on. I have to manually restart it when it does this. The blue screen lasts only a few seconds so i cannot write it down but it pretty much says this:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

kernel_data_inpage_error

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactuers
for any window updates you might need.

if problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you
need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your compute,
press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

technical information

***STOP: 0x0000007a(oxco3eac70,oxc000000e,0xfab1c130,0x096f b860)
***atapi.sys-address fac1c130

I've read a few posts but with no luck.
Please help!
Regards.

Is Windows 7 fully updated to Service Pack 1? ATAPI.SYS has to do with a device driver in Windows

Hi, I have recently updated my computer, I've checked for window updates and it says its all up to date. not too sure what the ATAPI.SYS is =/
At the moment, I'm trying to open the minidump folder because i know that's needed to look at the bsod details, but i cannot open it, it says i need network admins permission but i am the admin..i tried taking ownership but nothing seems to be letting me open it. thanks

You have to use special free software to be able to read minidumps but they would probably only show what we already know... ATAPI.SYS. You could try checking the hard drive for errors. Go to computer, right click on the C hard drive and select tools. Select check for errors on the next start up

I've ran 2 disk checks before and it seems to be fine. i've scheduled another one anyways next time i log in. the bsods seem to only happen when i watch videos on youtube or iplayers. I'm thinking it's something to do with the graphics card or a driver not being installed properly but I'm not certain so i'm scared to try other things like memtest etc.

Go to the HP support site and find the graphics driver for your laptops model. Try installing it just in case your current driver has issues. Are Flash, Java and Shockwave installed properly?

i went to the site and downloaded an intel HD graphics driver. not exactly sure if this has done anything =/ but i cant really tell unless i get another bsod. my laptop did freeze today and a little pop up came up with microsoft security essentials say 'at risk'; a different blue screen screen came up but it was still kernel inpage error. do you know what i could do to find out the root of the problem? like what's causing it, hardwareor devices etc?

I've just had another blue screen, but this time it says stop 0x0F4..
I've been getting bsod everyday now. I can't access previous versions of minidumps because it says I need permission from the admin but I am the admin..
but here's the only minidump I've managed to compress and its the most recent one.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    61.9 KB · Views: 1
So did Microsoft Security Essentials finally update properly and is the little icon green and not red?

well the security thing didn't pop up at all. I havnt had any kernel inpage errors so far/ I did update the drivers but got a stop 0x0F4 error again..

Back