Bsod laptop wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanchung

I am getting the following problem out of my laptop. When I start the laptop it goes through the Windows Pro loading screen then it goes to the BSOD. It restarts just as soon as it comes up. I have restarted it several time and I got the following information out of it.

stop 0x0000008e 0xc0000005 0xbf8025a 0x9b617dc 0x00000000

win32k.sys address bf80250a base at bf800000 datestamp 3c745f4d

It wont load in safe mode. I cant get passed the BSOD

I dont have a start up disk. All software cam preinstalled.

I have run a memory test through www.memtest.org

15 passes no errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've just seen your other Thread where Route was helping you and you mentioned you had your Thread removed the Mods may have removed because technically you shouldn't post a Thread Twice because it can confuse matters, I will post on your Other Thread to indicate the Helping has now moved here in a more suited Forum. I don't know if the Mods will agree with this so we will see.

Ok your Problem now, your Description seems to indicate that the HDD maybe faulting, And it seems you can't even Access the OS. We'll try to get you access back to the OS first.

Laptop's have a Recovery Console they don't get OS Disks and if they do it is very Rare, to access the Recovery Console you need to turn the system on and press F10 repeatedly until you get into the Recovery Console, now at this point My Knowledge goes on the Subject because I have never needed to use the Recovery Console and so don't know what happens after that. The only thing I know is that the Recovery Console is stored as i386 I think.

Here is a Link on the Microsoft Website that may help you using the Recovery Console - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

Post back after you have done this and we will see if you have got back into the OS

Well there should be a way for accessing the Recovery Console, when the system first starts up you will see the BIOS Screen it should show some indication on there on how to get to the Recovery Console it should be some F button.

Have you got all your Files off it or saved somewhere?

You could try getting a External Enclosure for the HDD and getting it Plugged into a Desktop PC and see if you can access it from there if you still can't find the Recovery Console.

Re: BSOD Laptop wont load.

I think something has failed. I cant even get it to power up now. I press the power button and all the lights come on for a sec and then they go out and nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back