TechSpot

BSOD memory errors inconsistant

By geno368
Jan 20, 2010
  1. I am working on an Inspiron 1525 running Vista Home Premium with 3 GB ram. I can boot and run in safe for a while before it locks up. All my security software is up to date and I have run several good scanners. The system is clean. I ran a system diagnosis and it show the ram memory is running fine. When I do a normal boot, I get the BSOD fairly quickly. Several different error messages appear one of which is the suggesting to reseat the memory, which I have done 3 times with a grounding strap. Here are some more:
    "A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk"
    "Memory test fail Dimm B" (which I think would mean Dimm 2 which it is marked.
    "error code 123' ( I also have a long stop code)
    If all of this shows a bad memory stick, why does the system still recognize the 3 GB?
    My guess is that maybe a page file is corrupt or even the OS. Should I just do a system recovery?

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,172   +37

Run Memtest on your RAM. If you get any errors you have RAM that needs to be replaced.

See link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html There is a newer version than what is listed in the post. Make sure you run this test for a minimum of 7Passes.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.