BSoD Mini Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! First post here at the forums but have been a visitor for a while. I've built my first computer a little over 2 months ago. When I play games I sometimes get a flicker of the Blue Screen or just a plain blue screen. This time however, while playing HL2:DM, it wouldn't go away and it had the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And then some stuff about nv4_mini.sys.

I decoded a dump but it said it didn't have the right symbols so I was hoping somebody might point me in the right direction.

That error is an 0xD1 and they are caused by faulty drivers of buggy software. The driver you listed is nv4_mini.sys which is from Nvidia. Try updating you video card drivers and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for the quick reply. Well I just had another one with the same message before I installed the new driver for my 8800 GT. But, it seems to happen at random so if i do get another one I'll be sure to post back, or if you need any more info.

Ok, sorry for the bump. I received 2 more BSoDs with one having no nvidia related dll or file show up and the second while playing Team Fortress 2 and it mentioned a nv4_disp.dll in the error. I'm assuming that this a Nvidia related file. I updated my drivers since Route 44 last told me to update. So any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back