BSOD minidump file interpretation needed

Hi all,
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 (Nvidia GeForce2 Go video card) that has been experiencing random reboots with a bugcheck 0x1000008e error. I ran Memtest 86 for a few hours with no errors, and a full disk check also came up clean. Could anyone read the attached minidumps for clues as to what could be the cause of my woes?

Thanks a million!!

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 4
While nothing definitive was cited as the cause of your issues all three were the same error code 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and can often be due to corrupted memory.

Memtest is not measured by hours but by Passes and the minimum is 7 and the more after 7 the better. How many Passes did you run it for?

Saturday night I ran Memtest through 4 passes, and last night another 5 passes. No errors at all.

An interesting point that may or may not be relevant is that I tried doing a System Restore, and was not able to do so for the restore points of last Tuesday, Thursday or Friday (I got en error message upon rebooting). The only point that worked was the one from Saturday morning, which was created a few hours before the BSOD started happening.

How do you think I should proceed?

Thanks, kurkevan (a fellow New Jerseyan!)

Back