BSOD minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bsod issue today for a computer that I remotely control.This pc runs winXP Greek ,SP2.Please analyse the attached minidump to help me solve this problem.
When BSOD appeared,the pc was running windows media encoder for streaming purposes,and a radio automation software playing mp3 files.

Attachments

• Mini052410-01.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with HSF_CNXT.sys which is a driver for your modem.

By thye way, what is XP Greek?

:) I meant greek language edition
thanks for your reply.

Oh good! I was wondering if it might have been a form of XP that was illegal. :)

Anyway, two things. Your error code is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware though sometimes they can be caused by drivers such as in your case. if updating the drivers doesn't work either a) reinstall the drivers or b) keep an eye on the hardware as this might be the issue if the former doesn't work.

Second, I see you are still running XP with SP2. FYI come July 10th Microsoft will no longer support XP in service pack 2. Consider updating to SP3.

Second, I see you are still running XP with SP2. FYI come July 10th Microsoft will no longer support XP in service pack 2. Consider updating to SP3.

I Know that,but there is an issue with the programms i run in this pc.These programms are old and updating may have bad results in their functionality.
Anyway,thanks again for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back