BsoD Minidumps atch. W7 tcpip.sys maybe? help

Hello I'm attaching the dumps from my girlfriends computer. Its a lenovo Thinkpad (not sure model)... has an i5 though. I didn't look at it that much. I grabbed these and said I would look at them.

I see that this comes up in the first tcpip.sys ( tcpip!Ipv6pRouterSolicitationTimeout+41

the 2nd seems to be ntkrnlmp.exe

I haven't looked at the others will after posting this.

I will note that she has windows updates including sp1 (windows 7 btw..) to do. there might be a network update... heard that might help

Any help would be great! Thank you !

Attachments

• lauren crash.zip
    170.1 KB · Views: 1
You are running McAffee AV on this machine, I'd suggest you to uninstall it. For protection I'd suggest you to have a look at Avast or AVG AV solutions.

Remaining dumps came up separate OS processes, so that is not of much use at the moment.

When BSODs happen what is being done on this notebook? Is there a pattern to these crashes ?

Hello. Okay easy fix. I think there are network updates to be installed. I hope that helps.

There are more dumps I couldn't fit, I don't think I posted the BSV report here but I will on the morning.

I asked about patterns expecting a certain software or some background process. But they are random it seems, sometimes on boot before it really gets used. After being on sleep, mid use... So I'm not sure. The laptop is under a year old.

Check out the event viewer logs, they can provide you with some clues with what is going on. For that go to > Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer, and carefully check all system log events with Red/Yellow tags.

Back