BSoD multiple crashes with event code 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd7578

The error messages is this: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 ab07fad4, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 8051345a. I have checked my video driver and downloaded the latest driver from ATI. I have not installed any new software and have done a system restore to 2/1/10. Nothing has helped.

OxA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for.

You mention multiple crashes. When do they occur, i.e. what are you doing? Or are they random?

How old is the system? When did the BSODs start occuring? What OS are you running? Please give us your hardware specs as well.

The crashes started about two weeks ago. Generally they just seem to happen, some times at boot up and other times just surfing the web. I also get DEP errors Generic Host for Win32 process has encountered a problem and needs to close. System Services and IE. This is a XPSP3 with all updates. The system is 3 to 4 years old. I also switched out the RAM from another computer and I get the errors. Also downloaded legacy drivers from ATI
Processor
2.00 gigahertz AMD Pentium 4
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded
Main Circuit Board
Board: nForce
Bus Clock: 202 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/20/2004
Drives
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
29.27 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

CD-RW CDR-5W48 [CD-ROM drive]
SONY CD-RW CRX320E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800JB-00JJA0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAM92799168, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy
Memory Modules
1024 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB

Local Drive
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 29.27 GB free

Controller
Standard floppy disk controller
NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6)
NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller (v2.6)

Display
RADEON 9800 PRO [Display adapter]
RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary [Display adapter]
ViewSonic VA903 SERIES [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n Q87072286534, May 2007)

Bus Adapter
NVIDIA NForce(tm) ATA RAID Class Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (2x)

Multimedia
ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface

Virus Protection
CA Anti-Virus Version 9.0.0.190
Virus Definitions Version Up To Date
Realtime File Scanning On

The crashes started about two weeks ago. Generally they just seem to happen, some times at boot up and other times just surfing the web. I also get DEP errors Generic Host for Win32 process has encountered a problem and needs to close. System Services and IE. This is a XPSP3 with all updates. The system is 3 to 4 years old. I also switched out the RAM from another computer and I get the errors. Also downloaded legacy drivers from ATI
Processor
2.00 gigahertz AMD Pentium 4
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded
Main Circuit Board
Board: nForce
Bus Clock: 202 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 09/20/2004
Drives
80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
29.27 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

CD-RW CDR-5W48 [CD-ROM drive]
SONY CD-RW CRX320E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD800JB-00JJA0 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAM92799168, rev 05.01C05, SMART Status: Healthy
Memory Modules
1024 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' is Empty
Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB

Local Drive
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 29.27 GB free

Controller
Standard floppy disk controller
NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6)
NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller (v2.6)

Display
RADEON 9800 PRO [Display adapter]
RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary [Display adapter]
ViewSonic VA903 SERIES [Monitor] (19.1"vis, s/n Q87072286534, May 2007)

Bus Adapter
NVIDIA NForce(tm) ATA RAID Class Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (2x)

Multimedia
ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio Codec Interface

Virus Protection
CA Anti-Virus Version 9.0.0.190
Virus Definitions Version Up To Date
Realtime File Scanning On

We need your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; but if you only have one or two attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* Also, you should deriously consider freeing up space on your harddrive.

I could not find the mini dump file in the location that you described. I ran the command prompt and went through DrWatson to set this up. I got a dump but did not know how to open it. I searched in MS website and dowloaded a debugger program and tried to open the file that way. It tells me it is not a valid Win32 application. Should I be using something other than Dr Watson?

Can you give me directions on how to set up the mini dumps and what do I use to open them with? So, that I can send you the proper files.

Sorry I have never done this before.

No need to be sorry. We all have to start somewhere. Yes, Dr. Watson is a good way. All we really need you to do at this time is attach those minidumps in your next post. Please don't zip each one individually. If you only have one or two attach as is (there is a n Attachments Button at the bottom of your post); 3 to 5 Zip together in one Zip file. Give us your most recent ones.

You can also try this:

1. Right click My Computer

2. Properties

3. Advanced Tab and the screen will have a section Startup & Recovery, click Settings.

4. This next screen will have System Failure. Check all three boxes.

5. On the same page under these boxes will be three choices on which form of minidump you want. Choose "Small memory dump (64 KB)"

6. Underneath that there is Small dump directory and if nothing is written write %SystemRoot%\Minidump

7. Then click Okay

Two questions:

1. Did you follow the above directions in my previous post?

2. Can you attach this one minidump without zipping it? Just attach as is in your next post.

Thanks.

Is there anything else that I could try? Am I at the point that I need to re-install the operating system?

You can also try this:

1. Right click My Computer

2. Properties

3. Advanced Tab and the screen will have a section Startup & Recovery, click Settings.

4. This next screen will have System Failure. Check all three boxes.

5. On the same page under these boxes will be three choices on which form of minidump you want. Choose "Small memory dump (64 KB)"

6. Underneath that there is Small dump directory and if nothing is written write %SystemRoot%\Minidump

7. Then click Okay

I checked the settings that you mentioned in the previous post and they are all set as you requested. I notice the DrWatson file was large today compared witht he previouse attachments that I sent. So I am attaching it just in case it leads to a resolution.View attachment drwtsn32.log

I can't find anything but a number of dll's are registry items. Have you run a antivirus scan at all?

Yes, I have run Windows One Care, SpyBot SD, Bitdefender, Super Anti Spyware, CC cleaner, RegCure and CA Anti Virus. Most everything came back as just tracking cookies. CA found something that appeared to be a false positive and was quarantined. The file is wuweb.dll and shows the infection as Win32/ASuspect.HAEOF. I have run these normally and also in SafeMode. Currently Safe mode is the only way I can keep the system up without crashing. The last couple of days it starts to boot and crashes and starts the cycle all over again. So I give up and run in Safe Mode which is a pain.

We may have found an answer. You wrote: CA found something that appeared to be a false positive and was quarantined. The file is wuweb.dll and shows the infection as Win32/ASuspect.HAEOF.

The problem from what I have been able to research is that wuweb.dll is a legitimate Windows .dll but CA quaritines it. See the link below:

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Windows/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/2010-02/msg00826.html

Being able to run in Safe Mode is a strong indication that your issue is a driver issue.

Outlook also crashes in Safe Mode. What is the best way to troubleshoot a driver issue? Should I do anything with the CA quarntined items? There are 5 entries showing over the period of 2/22 and 2/23. I tried to restore one and it said it already existed and did I want to replace it? Thanks

Hello, I know we have not been able to resolve my error as of yet. I am thinking that I will need to use the recovery console at this point. My question is, My system is windows 98 with the upgrade to XP. Is there a recovery console on the upgrade disc or do I use the 98 disc. Also since I cannot boot the pc, could you send your response to Rogerefloyd@yahoo.com? I appreciate all of your effort with my problem

BSoD

Thanks for the email. Well now I have gone and done it. I tried doing the Repair in XP and now I am in the dreaded 34 minute freezing when it is installing the devices. Now I am really in a jam. Is there a workaround for this? Can I some how cancel the repair?

Well, since my last post. I tried the system recovery and encountered the '34 minute reboot when loading devices'. The pc then went into the reboot loop and will not load at all. I removed the hard drive and replaced with old hd with XP and guess what it goes right back into the reboot loop. Do you know if this is a hardware failure or a software failure?

Well, since my last post. I tried the system recovery and encountered the '34 minute reboot when loading devices'. The pc then went into the reboot loop and will not load at all. I removed the hard drive and replaced with old hd with XP and guess what it goes right back into the reboot loop. Do you know if this is a hardware failure or a software failure?

At this point it still appears to be a hardware failure. Have you attempted to connect your harddrive to another motherboard connection?

Also, it might pay you to slave the harddrive into another system and run diagnostics on the slaved harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back