BSOD - multiple errors

Lightninworm

I am getting multiple errors and getting BSOD upon turning on my computer.
I have windows 7.
The errors that i noticed were:

Stop: 0x000000D1
Stop 0x000000E1

These are registry errors, but i cannot get past the welcome screen to get onto my computer and do not know how to fix it. If anyone could please help, it would be appreciated, Thanks.

Edit: Startup repair finally kicked in and am wondering where to go from there.
Edit2: New error... 0x0000000A Why are new ones appearing now -.-'?
Edit3: ANOTHER new error... 0x0000001E This is getting ridiculous

0xD1 errors are either caused by faulty drivers or mismatched or faulty RAM.

0x1E errors occur when the Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA errors are caused either by hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for resulting in system crashes.

Can't really do too much without a Windows disk to run some chkdsk scans or something.

Does your system boot in safe mode? (F8 on boot)

Two things I would suggest:

A. Run a harddrive diagnostics. What make is your harddrive?

B. Slave your harddrive into another system and access your harddrive to run diagnostics and run security scans.

I cannot run any diagnostics because my computer blue screens right after the welcome screen.

Where can i find my hard drive details without my computer being on? The majority of the stickers that came on the laptop are illegible at this point.

Well, what I would do at this stage if it were me:

1) Get the HDD checked out for defects/physical damage either by putting it in another machine and running something like SeaTools or WinDLG (Checks for bad sectors etc)

THEN/OR:

2) If drive passes OK, backup data while in another machine and buy/obtain a copy of Windows (XP/Vista/7, Whatever) and format the PC with a fresh copy of Windows.

Basically we're trying to isolate if it's a Software or Hardware problem. The first checks for Hardware, the second inevitably resolves Software issues.

You can always take it to a PC shop that does repairs if you can't get access to another PC.

HDD is the hard drive. Google around if you need a reference image to work from when you open up your case.

Or if you're keen to get it looked at by a technician, just take the entire computer in. Blue screen repair jobs are a common thing in our shop anyway.

Good luck! :)

Back