BSOD need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been getting a BSOD since day one with a compaq presario that i bought 3 months ago. the message that is given in the blue screen says:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and the technical info is:

STOP:0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFCE,0x0000000,0x8073801B,0x00000000)

As per auhma.org --

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

So try the following:

1. Run Memtest of your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes (there are 8 individual tests per one Pass). If you have errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced.

www.memtest.org This is free and there is no malware attached at all. This takes a lot of time to run but well worth it. Also, once you get it started the test will run by itself. Most people start it before going to bed and check the results the next day.

2. What firewall and antivirus are you running?

thanks alot, the only problem is...the bsod will probably occur numerous times during the night so i wont be able to complete the memtest all the way through

my firewall is a windows firewall and my antivirus is spysweeper

Well if that is the case run it when you have time to check in on it once in awhile. I had a stick so bad it didn't even get through much testing.

Also, you may want to consider much better internet security than Windows Firewall and Spysweeper. There is far superior protection avaliable and a lot of it is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back