BSOD - netio.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

I think this may be due to uTorrent, but am not sure.

Dump files attached. Any help appreciated!

If it helps, I recently installed Win 7 SP1 and a Fujitsu S1500 Scansnap scanner. I have McAfee and Malwarebytes antivirus.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    109.8 KB · Views: 2
Netio.sys refers to your motherboards network driver. It may have to be re-installed. Did you install Windows 7 over an older version of Windows? Have you installed all the Windows 7 Updates, including all the optional updates?

Are you using a wireless usb connecter for your internet. If so you might want to update the driver or uninstall the old driver then reinstall it.

I have installed all the windows 7 updates. There were a bunch which hadn't been installed for a while (they were blocked by malware I picked up from somewhere). In device manager, I have selected everything listed under "network adapters" and tried to update them and they are all up to date.

Cobalt006 - This is a desktop without wireless.

Ok was not sure, Now that you removed malware, have you had any more blue screens? The reason I ask if it was wireless, Because I have seen a few netgear usb adapters cause the same kind of BSOD.

I have installed all the windows 7 updates. There were a bunch which hadn't been installed for a while (they were blocked by malware I picked up from somewhere). In device manager, I have selected everything listed under "network adapters" and tried to update them and they are all up to date.

Cobalt006 - This is a desktop without wireless.
Have you installed the optional updates as well? Many times, they contain driver updates

Back