BSOD - Netio.sys ntoskrnl.exe tcpip.sys

BigZombieMonkey

Hi, I am desperate for some help due to my PC suddenly having started to give me BSOD's

I am completely uneducated when it comes to dealing with technical issues with my PC and the BSOD and so I really am worried I'm going to have to send my PC back to the manufacturer which I do not want to do as other than this recent issue it's been fantastic.

I've been reading random things I have come across but I am stuck as to what I need to do to fix my issue.

I downloaded a program called "BlueScreenView" due to some things I have read and have managed to get some dumps of the issue using this program.

This is what it shows:

g69VmGk.png

http://I.imgur.com/g69VmGk.png

HtP3Os1.png

http://I.imgur.com/HtP3Os1.png

I've tried going to my device manager but everything says it is up to date. What can I do? Any help would be fantastic as I am at a loss atm.

Your network driver or network card is giving you the BSOD's. No yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

The network adapter is a "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" but it has no exclamation point on it. The only exclamation point I have is on Other devices and thats a "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller".

I'm glad you've said it's my network driver/card because that's the conclusion I came to by reading threads on these and other forums, the issue I have is I have no idea how to fix it :S

I googled "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers" and found this link but I'm not sure if this is the latest drivers or if it's even the right one, I'm always wary of new drivers because I'm not great at identifying what is right for my PC.

What should I do?

My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX - Z77, SATA600 according to my receipt.

I'm guessing this is where I should be looking? Only when I select Windows 7 64 bit I get a little lost. I'm guessing I should be looking at LAN? If so when I open that there are three sets of drivers released on 2013.01.28 and I have no idea which one I should be downloading :S. I'm sorry I'm being a pain, I'm just very new to this side of computers :(

Dammit! I gave it a go and updated and everything seemed fine and then right out of nowhere, same thing again!

This is the dump info:

rjzJ3za.png

I ran the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect link and the networking comes up with:

[FONT=verdana]Wireless Networking (WiFi)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Product Detected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Current Driver Installed 7.65.1025.2012
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana] Wired Networking
Product Detected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Current Driver Installed 7.65.1025.2012
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
[/FONT]
Feeling a little downhearted now, I was hoping it had fixed the issue. Any suggestions of what I can try next?

Looks like the on-board NIC has failed. See if you can get a simple USB network device like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162037 I use something similar on my desktop and it works well, but its a wireless device
So you're saying that something on the motherboard itself is broken? Would this be covered under warranty? Would I have to use wireless only if I use that as I hate wireless and only use my wired connection.

If the motherboard is still under warranty, yes it could be replaced. If not under warranty you could install a wired PCI card like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-156-139 We are not talking about a lot of time or money here...
On there it says "[FONT=helvetica]32-Bit 33/66Mhz PCI Rev 2.1/2.2/2.3" [/FONT], does this mean it's for a 32 bit OS or is this something different? My OS is Windows 7 and it's a 64 bit system.

Another thing to add is that I have contacted the people who supplied me with the PC and informed them of the situation and I am waiting to see what they say. The system is under warranty although they told me to open it up to remove some packing inside that they put to prevent damage so the sticker was broken, they did however make a note of that on their system. I'm not going to buy a network card yet as I don't want to void my warranty with them, I'd much rather avoid sending the PC back so I will wait and see what they advise and I will ask them if this is an option they would allow without me voiding the warranty or not.

if they say that it would void the warranty and that they cannot allow it then I will see about having it replaced by themselves which would be a hassle but I'd like to do what is right by them so my warranty remains. If they say they can allow me to do it and keep my warranty then I'll look into buying a network card as I can see the motherboard has space for one :)

Okay good. It is possible that the on-board NIC got "blasted" with a voltage surge or spike from the external network cable that damaged the motherboard

Okay good. It is possible that the on-board NIC got "blasted" with a voltage surge or spike from the external network cable that damaged the motherboard
Really? Is that covered under warranty too? How would I know if that was the case?
If I buy a new network card is it likely to fix the issue?

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just so concerned this is going to be a major problem, especially when money is tight atm :S

Just mention this to the people you bought the computer from. They will explain your options to you

Back