BSOD - new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a lot of problem with my new computer. I've also tried everything I could think of so now I'm getting desperate.
This is what I've tried so far.
-updated bios
-uninstalled Zone-alarm and AVG and replaced with Norton Internet Sec. 2009
-updated chipset driver
-updated GPU driver
-memtest 86- result ok (was on for 8 hours)
-checkdesk ok
-different kind of test tool from ultimate boot cd.

This is a new computer with XP Pro and Windows 7 installed (different drives).

System hang especially when playing iso-files with Daemin Tools even with simple games like Deerhunter 2005. Need reboot to get up running again.
The system can also freeze and the famous BSOD appears.

Please can anyone have a look at my dumps and tell me what next because I'm stuck right now.

****, forgot to attach the dumps. How can I do this afterwards.

One error is 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware but sometimes they can be caused by drivers. The driver cited is vsdatant.sys which belongs to Zone Alarm. You said you uninstalled it but sometimes drivers are left behind. Check their website and see if they have a removal tool.

The other three errors are 0xEA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

The driver cited is nv4_mini.sys which is a Nvidia miniport driver. So do the following and get back to us with the results:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Thank you for the reply and for helping.
Ok, I did what you recommended. Uninstalled the driver and cleaned inn safe mode and installed the new driver after rebooting again.

Now I didn't get the blue screen but after about 5 min playing (deerhunter 2005) via daemon tools the system got unresponsive and needed rebooting again. This is just the same as earlier.
Any suggestions?

Yes, update, disable or uninstall Daemon Tools. Do it in that order until you get stability. It may simply be that game and Daemon Tools. don't get along.

Many people use this software but it also causes many conflicts. We have dealt with this software here numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back