BSOD, not sure why

Status
Not open for further replies.

akim1991

Hello,

Starting today around 4:20 p.m. est. my computer recieved a blue screen. after that blue screen i turned off the pc and restarted. from that point it would boot up past the BIOS, after checking the memory, and then would go the windows loading screen. for some reason it stays on the windows loading screen (the screen that says "Microsoft Windows Xp and has the bar with three little blue bars flowing through it.) i let it sit there for a maximum of 30 minutes and it would not go past that.

I rebooted the pc in safe mode, which bypasses that loading screen, and it let me into safe mode. from there, figuring that it would be some sort of hardware/software issue, i tried to get ride of some of the software on my computer. most of the software i took off (avira anti-virus, daemon tools, etc.) when i tried to take off AVG anti-virus i got another blue screen, i copied down that blue screen error and i recieved 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8A687B58,
0x8060566E) also recieving the dump attached below.

i tried taking out my two ram sticks (one is a gskill 2gb ddr2 533mhz the other is a 1gb ddr2 533mhz) and using them one by one in each of the four ram slots, and also using both them in a mixed variation of ram slots.

i tried to run a chkdsk /f but at 5% on the first verification i recieved the same bluescreen.

i tried to change my page filing to the recommended max, which would have been 4606 (3701 x 1.5), but my OS limited me to 4096.

i tried to open avg to see if there was possibly a virus in the quarantine section, but upon opening it i recieved the same bluescreen.

I'm not sure why any of this is happening the only thing that was installed today was an AVG update this morning. My AVG is 7.5.

my OS is windows xp home edition.
my motherboard is a MSI, not sure of the board number.
i have a SATA wester digital 250gb hard drive.

If anyone could help it would be much apprieciated

Sincerely,

Kevin.

Edit: most of the above that was tested was from
techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

it tells me that the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

i'm logged onto adminstrator as we speak. do you know how i can make it so that i can install the western digital cavier SE 2500JS diagnostic check?

Download RatsCheddar

It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
Save and extract this program to the desktop.
Once extracted, Double click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
Enable everything, then click Exit
Reboot your Computer.

Other than that, you may need to locate another computer to create this Diagnostic, bootup disk. Then use it on the faulty computer (which is not exactly confirmed faulty harddrive as yet)

By the way, you should create backups of any important data, if it is a faulty HardDrive

i downloaded ratscheddar and enabled all of the options and clicked exit. it then told me to reboot for the changes to take effect. i rebooted and entered back into safe mode (the only mode im able to get into) and it still tells me that the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.

could it be something with the Jraid hard drive config that came with the motherboard?

upon trying ratscheddar a second time and rebooted trying to enter safe mode i recieved the message windows/system32/config/system is missing or corrupt. so i'm guessing that i will need to either get a new hard drive, if mine is faulty, and/or format and reinstall windows.

safe mode ?

(Please note, I just walked away for 10mins! unrelated)

You can't do this in Safe Mode, you need to do these things in Normal mode
But now the computer has a missing file! (Actually sometimes CheckDisk fixes this)

Boot from your Windows CD
Select the first R prompt
Log on (press 1........ then enter key)
On the command line, type:

chkdsk c: /f

Then press enter

You will need to create the Diagnostic disk in another computer running Normal mode

that was the main problem since i couldn't boot into normal mode it was staying one the loading screen for an infitnite (wouldn't move past it) amount of time.

Yes I see that now

But when you mentioned Administrator up there
I thought you meant Administrator in Normal mode

Anyway, just do the Check Disk, and also create the Diagnostic disk (somehow!)

i'm trying to i took a hard drive from another computer and put it into mine but it gets a blue screen whenever i try to boot it up. i put it back in the original computer and it works fine. maybe it's my whole computer messing up... lol...

the hardest part is that my motherboard is the only motherboard in the house that has the sata connector in it, all the rest are ide. :\

If you transfer your Windows harddrive to another computer (with a different chipset) it will Bluescreen

But

If you mount the HardDrive as a secondary drive (slave basically) to another computer, then you can use that computer's Windows to run check disk on the secondary drive (it may be drive letter D E F or whatever, but not C of course!)

ahh thank you i didn't know that the chipset would make it bluescreen.

since my hard drive only has the sata connector i'll have to wait till tomorrow when my sisters fiance comes over with his computer (has sata ports) and use his to chkdsk / diagnostic mine.

Thank you for your time and help, Kimsland. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back