BSOD - Ntfs.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend's laptop recently won't boot and instead shows the BSOD with the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again,
follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation
or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration,
and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check
for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF7A4980C, 0xF7A49508, 0xF72FD167)

*** Ntfs.sys - Address F72FD167 base at F72F000, DateStamp 48025be5

I have tried booting different ways, including from a recovery disk, recovery console, Windows PE, Safe mode, Last good config, all gave me the BSOD again. How can I uninstall any of those things if I can't even get it to boot into windows? I downloaded and burned an iso of a swiss army type disk full of utilities(HawkPE-42 - The PC Tech's Swiss Army Knife Live DVD) and it has Linux Slax 6 which did boot, but I have no idea what I can do once in there to fix this error. I also removed the RAM and reseated in several times. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

This issue appears more hardware than BSOD per se, My suggestion to you is to post your issue at the Storage & Networking forum. Tell them what you are facing and how you can't even boot into Safe Mode.

0x24 errors also point to harddrive issues that are either failing or have bad sectors. If you could have booted into Safe Mode I would have said to use a harddrive utility to diagnose

Perhaps Ultimate Boot CD that kimsland might help: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post722281-20.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back