BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

kbeattyamx

I've been reading most all of the messages on this board but I have not been able to find a solution to my BSOD. The lockups are very random and unexpected and I've probed the temps and voltage and things seem to be in tolerance. I was wonder if someone can read my miniDumps to see what might be the problem.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    176.3 KB · Views: 6
I had experimented with OC in the past. I just ran the Mem Test with 2 passes per 2gb memory with no errors. Going to check on the Power supply now....

Here's the Spec... I ran prime95 for a few hours and the voltage and Temp did not seem abnormal...

Attachments

• Spec.txt
    61 KB · Views: 1
Is Windows 7 fully updated including the optional updates? How about the video cards drivers?

Device Manager say's the Video Driver is up to date. and Auto Updates for W7 is running and says that Windows is up to date...

These update ran this morning...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (KB2467173)
The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2468871)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64-based Systems (KB2533523)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2640148)

Occurrences are random. Frequency is < 5 times a week. Only time will tell. I also redid my page file by setting it to 0 and defragging my drive then setting it back to being managed by windows.

Just got the same old BSOD this morning. No indication to any driver except ntoskrnl.exe... No hardware was changed. However there was a warning in the Event Log about 2 hours before BSOD

ID: 6, Application Name: Microsoft Office Outlook, Application Version: 12.0.6607.1000, Microsoft Office Version: 12.0.6612.1000. This session was terminated unexpectedly.

This was new and did not show up in the Log over the past 2 weeks.

Had another BSOD 2 days ago that was not related to anything.... The steps I took 3 weeks ago seemed to help. Is there something that will log BIOS stats so you could see any changes before a crash? I have ASUS PC Probe II and I ran it for a while and saw no problems.

If these infrequent BSOD"s keep happening, you could try raising the memory voltage (VCC) is the bios a notch or two

Back