By bluestreak95
May 5, 2010
  1. Hello i pt together my bare bone kit wich consists of the following:

-Amd Atheon 64x2 Processor
    -Centon 2048mb PC6400 ddr2 800Mhz Memory
    - Biostar mcp6pb m2+ Motherboard
    - western digital Caviar 500GB Serial hdd
    - Power Up Black Mid-Tower Case with 450-Watt Power Supply
    -Thermaltek tr2-r1 cpu heat sink with artic silver compound.
    -Sony AD-7240S-0B Optiarc dvd Drive
    -xfx geforce 8600 gt xxx 256mb

I installed windows 7, undated it installed all my programs then boom it crashed, restarted 2 seconds into running windows boom crash again, did thi about 3 times. So i thought maybe it ws windows so i uninstalled n installed xp, updated installed all my programs and boom crash, restarted and 2 seconds in crashes again...did this for about 3 times also.I then uninstalled XP and installed windows 7 again and it did everything again! ahhh

The programs i installed were:
    fire fox
    roxio media center 2010
    win rar
    kaspersky internet security 2010

So i restarted windows about 10 times n took down all the error codes n terms:

Bad Pool header
    memory management
    page fault in nonpage area
    irql not less of equal
    bad pool caller

codes all have 0x0000 at start so i just took down the last 2 digits

also i ran the memory test once n the memory passed cpu temp also reaches 44 at some points.

what could be causing these crashes?
  2. bluestreak95

bluestreak95 TS Rookie Topic Starter

help? please?
  3. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Are you getting these BSODs only with a fresh install of an OS or do these occur after reinstalling any software drivers after fresh install of an OS?

Also, memtest needs to run a minimum of 7 Passes and the more the better.

Plus, suspicious of your power supply. With just a few exceptions we have found that psus's that come with a case are garbage.
  4. bluestreak95

5. Route44

With very few exceptions our experience has shown us time and again that psu's that come with cases are garbage. There is no intent of being mean spirited, but it is what expereince has taught us. Power supplies are the backbone of all systems.

If you are getting BSODs please attach your five most recent minidumps in your next post.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.
  6. bluestreak95

here r my last 5 most current mini files....
    hope this helps to diagnose my problem...just finish running a 10 phase memory check with no errors

Attached Files:

7. Route44

Okay, two errors are 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    This memory management error is usually hardware related. But they only cited Windows OS drivers which are too general to be of much help.

A third 0x1A however was definitive in citing the Kaspersky driver klif.sys was the cause of your system crashes. Kaspersky is a excellent Tier 1 product but we have seen this driver come up quite often but not lately until now.

Another error is 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER and these are caused by a faulty driver or buggy software. This file also cited the driver klif.sys as the cause of your problems.

But then we get the 0xA error and these are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for resulting in crashes.

This one specifically cited corrupted memory as the cause and when corrupted memory is cited that is what needs to be delt with first because it will affect everything else in your system including software.

Could you please tell us what "10 phase memory check" is? Is this memtest? Looking again at your first post and all the error codes you listed is a strong sign bad RAM is the probable cause because bad RAM will have a system throw out all kinds of error codes with all kinds of causes but the real issue is corrupted memoty.

Try this: Uninstall Kaspersky completely. What happens?
  8. bluestreak95

well just as i was reading your last post it crashed on me again n gave me annother i restarted n 2 seconds in it crashed i swapped out my ram and it hasen done it yet....fingers crossed that this is my problem.
  9. Route44

Swapping out RAM is a tried and true form of solid diagnosing. I've had corrupted memory cause the same type of crashing. it even crashed on me doing memtest!
  10. bluestreak95

well ill get back to u in 1-2hrs with reports if it crashed again...usually takes maybe 1hr befor it usually crashes. Strange that is passed 10 mem tests....
  11. Route44

Sometimes it takes more than 10 Passes. I've seen it take 12, 17, 21 and one guy even ran it to the 26th Pass before errors came up. Many people believe Memtest just keeps repeating the same 8 tests with the same 8 patterns but in actuality it is throwing varying code patterns all the time. That is one lot of code patterns!

Also, as good as memtest is there are those occasions when bad RAM has been known to pass. That is why you swapping out RAM is a good solid diagnostic step.

I need to go to bed because it is 12:30 in the morning but I'll check in tomorrow. Does Centon have a lifetime warrenty?

If not we can look at some excellent choices for you.
  12. bluestreak95

well after i replaced the ram about a week ago and upgraded the case with 4 fans...the computer ran fine for about 4 days now it will randomly give me a blue screen. these blue screen come at random hrs 12hrs when on to 3-5mins when just turned on. Now i dont know what could be causing these cant be the RAM now as this is MY RAM out of my computer and when i put it back into my computer it works fine.

My guess is the power supply but here r the past 3 minidump files or u guys to examine.

Attached Files:

13. Route44

Two 0xD1 errors and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but also by faulty or mismatched RAM.

The third error is 50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

All three cited memory corruption as your issue. Check your voltage as set in your BIOS and compare it to the manufacture's voltage specs for your RAM.

It could be you may have purchased bad RAM which is not uncommon at all.
  14. bluestreak95

Well I know it can't be the ram this ram came out of my persnal working computer and when I put it back in it worked fine in my computer. Prob gonna return this crappy no name motherboard...I think its the problem but first ill replace my ps and check out my bios setting like u said
  15. Route44

Corsair and Antec make good power supplies. Give us your budget and we'll see what we can do about looking for a new motherboard (if that is indeed the problem).
  16. bluestreak95

the powersupply i am looking at is a 750w corsair supply...and the motherboard is a Biostar mcp6pb m2+ motherboard...i have been reading up on this brand n i havent heard much good things from what i have been reading there full of problems.
  17. Route44

It depends on the Biostar motherboard model. I know some high-end builders who use Biostar and love them but, again, it depends on the model.

For the hardware you have the 750 will be well beyond what you need. I will be putting a Corsair 750 in my new build but for what you have a 550w should do you fine or if you want more go with their 650w.

What is your budget at this moment for motherboard and/or power supply? What do you want to do with your system?
  18. marcdmarc

marcdmarc TS Rookie

I think i am having a similar problem
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.