BSOD on a used PC

MantasMG

I recently bought a used I5 2500K CPU, MSI H61M P31 W8 LGA 1155 motherboard and a Seidon V240 and I keep getting a blue screen as soon as the system starts to load windows. I have a 500W PSU and 8GB of RAM. My RAM is 1.866 DDR3 GHz and the motherboard automatically slows the ram down to 1333. Last time I had used the RAM was in another build with a AMD CPU and the RAM was never underclocked or anything, and as soon as I'd try to change the frequency I would get the error I am having now. My PC loads into BIOS without problem and lets me mess with the clocks of the CPU and RAM and I tried everything nothing seemed to work. I am booting from a 64 GB Kingston SSD I tried hooking up the SSD to my laptop and it works fine my hard drive works fine. Here's a video of what keeps happening
(if it breaks the rules to post YT links I am sorry)

Need to trap the BSOD notice. Your machine is restarting automatically. This may be a setting in BIOS (consult manual - turn it off) or in Windows which might allow you to change the setting for this if you go SAFE MODE. See HP's nice write up... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03413399

Nirsoft's BlueScreenView will allow you to examine dump files - an important aid to interpretation.

It goes through the bios OK and comes up with loading windows the 4 circles appear to make the logo and it blue screens and restarts

Ok some progress has been made. I was able to stop it on the BSOD and neither my laptop nor my phone won't let me upload a image but I took a video it's uploading right now I will post link as soon as it's done.

My SSD works and I checked in BIOS and it's the main boot drive I even tried disconnecting my HDD and still the same error

No advanced startup mode isn't a option I made some progress though. 1 Question would re installing windows fix this?(I don't mind loosing my files)

Since you have a stop code of 7B, this article may cover your issue... https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-stop-0x0000007b-errors-2624109

The essence of the error is : This BSOD means that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup. BSOD error code 0x0000007B may also show "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" on the same blue screen.

Loose connection? Check to see if drives appear in BIOS.

Last edited:
Hey @Cycloid Torus I don't think the OP was trying to be funny.:DGood link by Tim Fisher!
It would be nice if Windows users prepared for these disasters.
If your computer's system is severely damaged and you can't access the System Recovery Options menu on your computer, you can access it using the Windows 7 installation disc or a USB flash drive, or using a system repair disc if you created one earlier.

Back