BSOD on a Windows 7 Home Premium (0x000000C5)

By archeyl
Feb 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I have been having BSODs for over two days and I can't seem to figure out why.

I have had over a dozen BSODs and all of them seems to be due to different problems. I will just post the latest one to try to troubleshoot first.

Assumptions/Partly Verified:

1) Everytime this happens, I seem to be using Mozilla Firefox.

2) Got an Avast service stop thingy once.

3) Recently had a Windows Update (Not sure if its the cause)

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

"WinAbility® Software Corporation
    Description: MySecretFolder Device Driver"

Does this look familiar to you? It is in your minidump
  3. archeyl

archeyl Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you :)

Thank you for your swift response and yes, I do have that program installed.

I have just uninstalled it and I hope it will help.

Thanks again. Will bump the post up if I see any blue screens today.
  4. undertakerbro

undertakerbro Newcomer, in training

hello I'm having same problem with C5 error (opted for posting here rather then opening another topic) ...I don't know how to read the dmp file to repair the BSOD can you help me out? I guess it could be Video card drivers?

Win7 Ulti 64
    ATI HD4870 (video if it has any relevance)

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

5. Tmagic650

It's not the same error at all undertakerbro,
    DRIVER_Corrupted_Expool This relates to memory errors. Please read and follow these instructions to test the memory and you don't need to zip one minidump usually:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu46.html
  6. undertakerbro

the dmp was >200k that the forum supports. Thank You for the answer I'll look there and return if there will be any need.
  7. undertakerbro

Ty for the help, I have found the problem(s)
    1. the video driver was unstable, so I downgraded to an earlier version. tested it while gaming for 8 hours with no bsod.
    2. utorrent was causing part of th BSODs. Not the program itself but the torrents, with no seeds/downloads active no bsod. When I added a torrent...dead...I searched the web and it was stated that a lan driver update would be the fix.

The problem was virtualBox (oracle) it had some problems with network drivers resulting in bsods..uninstalled it => bsod free system. Utorrent was clean:D

Anyway I will still reinstall my OS cause it is old and full of junk (1.5 years same windows)
    Paliso likes this.
  8. Tmagic650

Okay, sounds good... Thanks for the update :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.