BSOD on a Windows 7 Home Premium (0x000000C5)

Hi, I have been having BSODs for over two days and I can't seem to figure out why.

I have had over a dozen BSODs and all of them seems to be due to different problems. I will just post the latest one to try to troubleshoot first.

Assumptions/Partly Verified:

1) Everytime this happens, I seem to be using Mozilla Firefox.

2) Got an Avast service stop thingy once.

3) Recently had a Windows Update (Not sure if its the cause)

Attachments

• 020612-17128-01.dmp
    157 KB · Views: 3
"WinAbility® Software Corporation
Description: MySecretFolder Device Driver"

Does this look familiar to you? It is in your minidump

Thank you :)

Thank you for your swift response and yes, I do have that program installed.

I have just uninstalled it and I hope it will help.

Thanks again. Will bump the post up if I see any blue screens today.

Hello I'm having same problem with C5 error (opted for posting here rather then opening another topic) ...I don't know how to read the dmp file to repair the BSOD can you help me out? I guess it could be Video card drivers?

Win7 Ulti 64
ATI HD4870 (video if it has any relevance)

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 020812-72290-01.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 4
Ty for the help, I have found the problem(s)
1. the video driver was unstable, so I downgraded to an earlier version. tested it while gaming for 8 hours with no bsod.
2. utorrent was causing part of th BSODs. Not the program itself but the torrents, with no seeds/downloads active no bsod. When I added a torrent...dead...I searched the web and it was stated that a lan driver update would be the fix.

The problem was virtualBox (oracle) it had some problems with network drivers resulting in bsods..uninstalled it => bsod free system. Utorrent was clean:D

Anyway I will still reinstall my OS cause it is old and full of junk (1.5 years same windows)

Back